Unique Virtual too special to be Archived?

SwineFlew

You seem to have posted as SwineFIew as well, by your own forum posts. I don't think your as big a victim as you say, although I agree, that it doesn't excuse the actions on your cache pages.

I'm not inclined to agree with this. The post vandalism is driven by someone who doesn't have the skills to deal with conflict publicly, MPH doesn't have that problem.

Read MPH posts a few pages back, not mine. He incriminated himself. I'm just pointing out his OWN words.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

hahahaha Thats too funny!!! I read the previous post and thought the EXACT same line. Wait... that might not be funny. :P

Hamlet has the answers to all of life's most pressing questions.

That is blatant commercial promotion for the hamlet.

http://www.hamlethams.com/

Somehow I don't think that is the hamlet she was referring to. although...(slight segway) Bacon has been the answer to some of my pressing questions. Donuts are a good answer also, according to Comrade BlueBow.,and the Chadknowing dog.

edit to give additional credit.

Edited by NeecesandNephews

Somehow I don't think that is the hamlet she was referring to. although...(slight segway) Bacon has been the answer to some of my pressing questions. Donuts are a good answer also, according to Comrade BlueBow.,and the Chadknowing dog.

That's Comrdade BlueBow to you. ;)

That's Comrdade BlueBow to you. ;)

You Columnist, you!

You seem to have posted as SwineFIew as well, by your own forum posts. I don't think your as big a victim as you say, although I agree, that it doesn't excuse the actions on your cache pages.

I'm not inclined to agree with this. The post vandalism is driven by someone who doesn't have the skills to deal with conflict publicly, MPH doesn't have that problem.

Read MPH posts a few pages back, not mine. He incriminated himself. I'm just pointing out his OWN words.

Ok...

I went through the entire thread and copied out all of his posts onto a blank document so I could read them without being influenced by commentary. I then went back and read the thread with the comments in context. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read the associated cache logs, which puts me at a disadvantage in making a judgement.

This boils down to the point in the thread when MPH made a(n apparently) sarcastic comment about NA'ing certain virtual logs. Very quickly, a sock puppet account posted NA's on those very logs. (According to the posts, I didn't see them.) Which certainly sounds like a 'Ringbone' moment. Well...I decided to reread his writing AND I cheated and then read his posts on another website as well.

So...

I'm going to make a fool out of myself and possibly be the only person on the board who says this: I don't believe MHP was the sockpuppet. When reading the NA "threat" in context of his other writing it comes across as a sarcastic comment. The actions of that sockpuppet just don't match what MHP wrote and how he approached these controversial topics. The actions of that sockpuppet earlier also didn't match what the demeanor and comments of MHP at those same moments in time.

I find it more likely that the troll, saw MHP's post and decided to stir things up further by posting those NA's.

You can now proceed to laugh at my foolishness. smile.gif

Ok...

I went through the entire thread and copied out all of his posts onto a blank document so I could read them without being influenced by commentary. I then went back and read the thread with the comments in context. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to read the associated cache logs, which puts me at a disadvantage in making a judgement.

This boils down to the point in the thread when MPH made a(n apparently) sarcastic comment about NA'ing certain virtual logs. Very quickly, a sock puppet account posted NA's on those very logs. (According to the posts, I didn't see them.) Which certainly sounds like a 'Ringbone' moment. Well...I decided to reread his writing AND I cheated and then read his posts on another website as well.

So...

I'm going to make a fool out of myself and possibly be the only person on the board who says this: I don't believe MHP was the sockpuppet. When reading the NA "threat" in context of his other writing it comes across as a sarcastic comment. The actions of that sockpuppet just don't match what MHP wrote and how he approached these controversial topics. The actions of that sockpuppet earlier also didn't match what the demeanor and comments of MHP at those same moments in time.

I find it more likely that the troll, saw MHP's post and decided to stir things up further by posting those NA's.

Actually, I already kinda said that in post 336.

edited cuz linky didn't work.

Edited by BuckeyeClan

Ok...

So...

You can now proceed to laugh at my foolishness.

Sorry to disappoint, but I gotta agree with you. I won't post my reasons, as it would be taken as an attack, and that's something I'm trying to avoid in this thread. But IMHO, MPH simply opened the door, someone else barged through.

You are absolutely correct. Now, with the cache log and email matters having been reported by MPH to Groundspeak, and with the moderating team on the job here in the forums, perhaps we can put that aspect of this thread behind us. Does anyone else have anything relevant to say about the virtual in Antarctica? The practice of armchair Needs Archived logs? The virtual cache maintenance guidelines?

You are absolutely correct. Now, with the cache log and email matters having been reported by MPH to Groundspeak, and with the moderating team on the job here in the forums, perhaps we can put that aspect of this thread behind us. Does anyone else have anything relevant to say about the virtual in Antarctica? The practice of armchair Needs Archived logs? The virtual cache maintenance guidelines?

How about the short-comings of the community-based cache peer review model?

IBTL!

Seriously... if you are ready to flip the switch, I know that at least a few of us are more than ready to watch the light go out. I think all this thread is doing now is perpetuating the sock puppet behavior.

Seriously... if you are ready to flip the switch, I know that at least a few of us are more than ready to watch the light go out. I think all this thread is doing now is perpetuating the sock puppet behavior.

Add me to the list as well. I'm sure the troll will just focus elsewhere, but this thread seems to have long since run its course.

Wrong thread

WrongRight thread

FIFY! Maybe you've missed what happens when just any ol' cacher can take Review/Publication in their own hands.

Edit: IBTL

Edited by JBnW

hahahaha Thats too funny!!! I read the previous post and thought the EXACT same line. Wait... that might not be funny. :P

Really do you have to go out of your way to make fun of people? Some people are so nice and some deffinately are not. Can't imagine what I ever did to her to so that she has to go out of her way make me feel so unwelcome yet AGAIN!

I just give up trying to be part of this community!

Edited by Cindyj2

Really do you have to go out of your way to make fun of people? Some people are so nice and some deffinately are not. Can't imagine what I ever did to her to so that she has to go out of her way make me feel so unwelcome yet AGAIN!

I just give up trying to be part of this community!

I read Narcissa's correct quote of that line from Hamlet to be a reference to Manville Possum Hunters. Narcissa could have used the frequent misquote of what Shakespear wrote ("methinks he doth protest too much"), but she used the coorect form, in which the protestor is female. I don't think that she meant "the poster above this one whose username most strongly suggests that she's female"; nor was it a slur on Manville's manliness. I think it was just a way of saying that Shakespeare knew all there was to know about Ringbone. :D

This morning, I noticed a very"unique" virtual and the CO is MIA and there is no way to get a hold of him/her. So I hit the need archived button to let the reviewers decide what to do about it.

Can't see what the fuss is about. So what if the reviewers have been asked to take a look at this unmaintained listing. Anyone whose experience of Antarctica is significantly lessened by the absence of a virtual cache needs help.

They need to put a report button on the cache page so that if the owner if the cache is away that that trash can be reported and taken care of quicker.

It sounds to me like changing "Needs Archive" to "Needs Reviewer Attention" could accomplish the same. "Needs Reviewer Attention" *could* mean that the cache needs to be archived, but could also mean that the cache listing needs the attention from the reviewer to take care of something quickly. The guidelines indicated that a CO should log in "at least once a month". As we've seen from this episode, a lot an happen in a month.

I dont want to step on anyones toes, but would it be possible to close and lock this thread. Thank you.

I wish you all a nice and happy caching weekend.

Yes, I think we're there. Readers are asked not to open another thread about this unless the Antarctic cache is archived. So, there won't be another thread about this, capice?