This Presidents' Day, your mission is

We're getting ready for the 4th Annual Presidents Day Geocaching Tour.

Join us for some historical and geocaching fun.

Even if you are not in our area, log a historical geocache on Presidents Day and report it at out

site at

http://www.historycaching.us

We had a great turnout yesterday. I look forward to reports from other around the country on their Presidents Day geocaching

activities.

See group picture at the link.

3rd Annual President Day Geocaching Tour

My link

Looks like you had a slash too many in your link -- fixed it in the quote. For anyone else who has web filters like ours that block goo.gl, here's the direct link to the event. Hope it goes well.

We intend to find some caches around Harry Truman's favorite vacation spots in Key West. And if all goes well with our meeting, we will have some earthcaches coming out that are presidentally themed. Well, sort of.

(I was tempted to rename the link to the "3rd Annual Washington's Birthday Geocaching Tour, for the record. But I think we've had that conversation before, so there's no need to have it again.)

Great, thanks for the tip. So Google shortener is not the preferred one. Too bad as it as great analytics.

Will you be setting up your Presidents Day Geocaching Tour as an event?

Here is the page I set up from my blog which makes a better landing page in my opinion.3rd Annual Presidents Day Geocaching Tour

Wow did you see the replies from a couple years ago on Presidential themed geocaches, it would be great if we could get an update on them.

-RKO

if decided to take it. IS;

To honor a past President by finding or planting a Presidential themed geocache in your area.

Are you implying that we not honor a current President? :laughing:

A current President is fine too! I have a historical perspective so that is why I said past. Plus as popular as he is I thought there might be too many and that would cut into people planting geocaches for past Presidents.

So should I put you down as planting one for the current President? That's a good thing you are doing, I salute

your for it. :D

-RKO

PS. This event will be called

The Presidents Day Geocache Tour

I'm not debating politics here, but I do need to correct the statement that Obama is popular. The professional surveys say otherwise.

But one thing that has changed little is President Obama's job approval rating, which tumbled over the last year to the anemic 40% range and remains stuck near the low point of his administration.

I live in Canada, but would like to participate also. I would like to hide a cache in honor of George W. Bush. He provided us with many hours of entertainment.

Hopefully Bush has finally mastered reciting that "fool me once" quote. He really flubbed it on camera.

—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 20003) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 20002) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002 (Watch video clip; listen to audio clip)

Edited by wmpastor

We're expanding this event virtually to other locations too.

Leave me a message if you want to be part of the and do the event from your own area.

-RKO

Cachers that do not actually attend the event should not take this as an invitation for virtual attendance. That would not bring about positive consequences.

Is that an official GS stance about logging of events if they are attended virtually (such as via Skype or other means)?

Leave me a message if you want to be part of the and do the event from your own area.

-RKO

Cachers that do not actually attend the event should not take this as an invitation for virtual attendance. That would not bring about positive consequences.

Is that an official GS stance about logging of events if they are attended virtually (such as via Skype or other means)?

From the guidelines

Events should take place at the posted coordinates and must include both a start time and end time

If you aren't at the posted coordinates then I don't see how you can be a participant. Geocaching is pretty simple. You obtain coordinates and go to that location to make the find (or as in the case of events, attend). I recall Miss Jenn saying some time ago that going to the location was a basic assumption of the sport and didn't need to be in the guidelines (I can't find a link to her direct quote, but I'm sure someone here can).

If you aren't at the location of the event I think that makes it a form of "locationless cache" and those haven't been allowed for years. So as a reviewer I would never publish an event that welcomes or encourages remote logging.

As far as policing who can actually log an event (and the number of times they do so) Groundspeak has rarely gotten involved. So if you want Groundspeak's official stance look to the guideline quoted above and interpret it as you will.

Edited by briansnat

-RKO

From the guidelines

Events should take place at the posted coordinates and must include both a start time and end time

If you aren't at the posted coordinates then I don't see how you can be a participant. Geocaching is pretty simple. You obtain coordinates and go to that location to make the find (or as in the case of events, attend). I recall Miss Jenn saying some time ago that going to the location was a basic assumption of the sport and didn't need to be in the guidelines (I can't find a link to her direct quote, but I'm sure someone here can).

If you aren't at the location of the event I think that makes it a form of "locationless cache" and those haven't been allowed for years. So as a reviewer I would never publish an event that welcomes or encourages remote logging.

As far as policing who can actually log an event (and the number of times they do so) Groundspeak has rarely gotten involved. So if you want Groundspeak's official stance look to the guideline quoted above and interpret it as you will.

I agree with what you're saying. But if GS rarely gets involved, why the "That would not bring about positive consequences" from CTR?