Back to the Basics

BaylorGrad

With all the conversations about power trails, favorites, virtuals, and so on, I have noticed a decline in the threads that get us back to the basics of the game--the fact that we love Geocaching, and that it's a fun hobby.

So, let's consider a couple hypothetical situations.

1) You have 1 day to live, and you plan on grabbing 3 Geocaches on that day. Which three Geocaches would you grab? (Consider that these should be relatively local--you should be able to grab all 3 within 24 hours.)

2) The same scenario as above, but you have 1 month to live, and plan on grabbing 3 caches. Which three Geocaches would you grab? (This should give you the chance to expand throughout the world; another way to ask this is, "If you could only grab three Geocaches in the rest of your life, which ones would you grab?)

There--back to the basics. :)

BaylorGrad

Edited by BaylorGrad

I'd be too busy running around, pulling my caches and archiving them so I don't leave a mess behind for friends and family to figure out.

Me too. Also - some of my favorite caches are mine - so worth revisiting some of those places before I go. But only if my wife and boys were with me as I'd want to spend the time doing something with them.

I understand the thought process here....which 3 CACHES ,But in the big picture of things (in a geocaching sense) I would pick one and thoroughly and immensely enjoy the planning of getting the caching crew together,picking a cache,the trip to the cache,all the crazy and hilarious mishaps along the way,coming back home bruised,tired,and totally satisfied from the wonderful experience that is geocaching. Geocaching in and of itself is a pretty silly animal (finding tupperware and signing a piece of paper),To me... it is totally about 'the journey' and all the memories that come with it.

seven minutes. Is that a record for pulling a thread off topic in the first reply? Probably not. <_<

I'm surprised that I seem to be in the minority. With a month to live, geocaching is DEFINITELY what I would be doing. No particular caches. Just a new place. Maybe Australia or New Zealand. Do I have to stop at three, or can I cache til I drop? :lol: