Is this puzzle to hard

pc730

I was wondering if any experienced puzzle cacher's out there think that this puzzle is to complicated. The cache is GC23Z3P.Any feedback would be appreciated.

That's a question only you can really answer. If you want to create a rarely solved 5-star puzzle, you succeeded. If you want to have more people solve it then it's too hard.

I'm not a big puzzle solver, but this one just looks...tedious to solve. (At least for me.)

Hmm... its been almost a year since it was published. That should tell you all you need to know. Personally, if this were in my neck of the woods (and its pretty close being in the same state) I would probably put it on my ignore list. A quick poke and I was at "the 2nd level", but I lost interest at that point. If you want to put out a hard cache, it should be hard because of where/how its hid, not because it will take someone a year to figure out and decipher the puzzle.

When i check the first 50 lines of the numbers i find there is allot of gibberish in the translation. In the middle of the statement there is some gibberish. Then after the statement i see a long string of numbers. Well its 5 or 6 numbers separated by a "-" then another 5 or 6 numbers and so on. The second set of 50 lines looks to be the same. Unless it contributes to the rest of the puzzle i don't see the point in having pages of code like that. Though i have an idea of what you have done here. I think i'll play with it for a while.To bad i'm on the opposite side of the country from it.

If you want to put out a hard cache, it should be hard because of where/how its hid, not because it will take someone a year to figure out and decipher the puzzle.

if he wanted a hard cache because of where/how is hidden he would have put out a traditional

puzzle caches are usually rated based on the difficulty of the puzzle

When I first went to look up this cache, I accidently searched for GC2373P.

GC2373P is for a cache in Germany.

This is the English translation as found on the cache page. I at first thought this translation was the puzzle. Wow!

From here we look in a beautiful valley: This is the brook-Das dasKrumme Wasser with his edge woods. For meadows and pastures fancedof hedges and before it is a field. Which we not can see ,are thepast and the future of this valley. The brook had break-throughbefore many thousand years by the lime barrier in Kufenthalproduction and basin poured into the Einbecker fields. Many smallsumps and the brook bed developed shifted nearly each year. Bystraightening of stages in the last years the brook deepened hisbed in follows more increased velocity of flow .Today the brooklies so deeply, that we have in the boundary region too littlewater. The whole area belonged to the water protection zone oilmill and supplies the city installation-hits a corner with drinkingwater. The water protection plays the largest role for the use ofthe surfaces today. Nature and water protection complement eachother in outstanding project, since the drinking water always comesfrom nature-left ranges. The brook and the meadows offer extensivehabitat for rare animals and plants.

The hydrology in connection with the Orografie examine those formvariety of running waters, and try, to work certain basic typesout: If one looks on the total distance of a brook, then an upperrun, a central run and an underflow can be differentiated. In amodel-typical brook process these sections correspond to the threebasic forms mountain, central mountain and flat country brook.There brooks show however naturally a multiform process, in smallforms of pour-strain, over almost standing sections with backpressure zones and Waterfalls or sump sections, narrowings with agorge character or fords as shallow water the far over normalwidth, up to infiltrations, in which waters dives under the earth,and flow on, or in the groundwater loses itself. With this brook itconcerns a flat country brook In flat country brooks the downwardgradient is smallest. The water flows leisurely in far Mäandernthere. Sedimentation and nutrient wealth are quite large, so thatthe waters sole is interspersed with organic material relativelysandig and. With small current numerous aquatic plants in the brookoccur.

Hmm... its been almost a year since it was published. That should tell you all you need to know. Personally, if this were in my neck of the woods (and its pretty close being in the same state) I would probably put it on my ignore list. A quick poke and I was at "the 2nd level", but I lost interest at that point. If you want to put out a hard cache, it should be hard because of where/how its hid, not because it will take someone a year to figure out and decipher the puzzle.

I got that far also before I ran out of ideas. I have not figured out the significance of the images on the cache page. I am sure they are there for a purpose. Not everyone is into tough puzzles. If you want it to be solved more frequently a better hint might help that.

I am not a puzzle guy, but I think it looks fascinating. Unless I am misunderstanding it, I think your hint is a bad one. It seems to be the puzzle cache equivalent to the dreaded "None needed" often found on traditional caches. I quickly made it to Stage #2, but had no idea where to go from there. But I most certainly know people that would love to work on your puzzle. Leave it as a challenge for those that are up to it.

If that cache were in the Bay Area or Seattle, it would be solved in less than a day. It probably rates about 3.5 stars here; it gave me some trouble but it's not as hard as some of mine.

I will say I liked it, though I didn't understand any of the clues and I don't understand the pictures. It is better solved by analysis and reasoning. IMO, the clues make it harder, which is kind of the opposite of their intent...

Puzzles are what they are. For most people this appears to be extremely difficult (there is always one guy who says he did it over morning coffee). I am kind of surprised someone hasn't taken the effort to solve it at least for the FTF. With one this difficult you can expect very few finders.

As to the $5 specially marked FTF that won't inspire anyone. I don't put out many but my FTF is either a completely equipped small cache (including FTF prize of a TB tag, swag and a log book)or something every cacher needs a $25 dollar certificate to a local car wash.

When i check the first 50 lines of the numbers i find there is allot of gibberish in the translation. In the middle of the statement there is some gibberish. Then after the statement i see a long string of numbers. Well its 5 or 6 numbers separated by a "-" then another 5 or 6 numbers and so on. The second set of 50 lines looks to be the same. Unless it contributes to the rest of the puzzle i don't see the point in having pages of code like that. Though i have an idea of what you have done here. I think i'll play with it for a while.To bad i'm on the opposite side of the country from it.

That code is significant. Have you figured it out yet? Thanks for the input.

Good puzzle! Challenging, but logical. Not really 5 stars, IMO, but at least 4 for sure.

Out of my area, but I will put it on my solved list, for when I get out there.

Did you find Stage 2 to be a worthy challenge?

Certainly! Not quite the "aha" moment that some puzzles have, but satisfying in the end. If only it were closer.