Translation service for caches abroad.

CnJnA

Can anyone tell me if theres a thread for contacting cachers in another country if I need to email someone in their native language re: a stationary TB or regarding a cache? or would I be better off just going to their country page and hoping someone can help there?

Thanks x :(

Can anyone tell me if theres a thread for contacting cachers in another country if I need to email someone in their native language re: a stationary TB or regarding a cache? or would I be better off just going to their country page and hoping someone can help there?

Thanks x :blink:

Easier and funnier to try to work it out yourself using Imtranslator or Google translate. People usually get the gist of what you're trying to ask, although apparently I've signed off on the Scandinavian forum by saying 'thank yourself on the forehand' :(

Pharisee has his own personal German / Austrian interpretor who has helped me in the distant past. :)

I send reminder emails about TB by using either Babelfish or Promt.

I think it helps if you keep your sentences very short and simple. I generally put "Please put my TB into a box soon. Thank you." Then I add the link to the TB page.

I think that's enough to get the necessary message across and (hopefully) the on-line translator can't mangle it too much!

MrsB :(

We have contacted German, Dutch, Belgian and French cachers on numerous occasions

What I normally do is send an email in English but say 'Hello' and 'Thanks' etc in their native language as it's really appreciated :(

Make sure your English is accurate though and they can then do their own translation

We've received emails in other languages as well and it's not a problem....

Mark

If you are looking for someone to translate German Caches then I can help, and if you are coming to Stuttgart I would also like to take you around the city and help with Caches here.

I can help with Hungarian translation and happy to take you out for a pint or coffee in Budapest.

Edited by somloci

If you are looking for someone to translate German Caches then I can help, and if you are coming to Stuttgart I would also like to take you around the city and help with Caches here.

That's one small fish in a giant haystack my friend. :)

or....

Das ist ein kleiner Fisch in einem riesigen Heuhaufen mein Freund.

or in ???

Sa a se yon ti pwason nan yon haystack jeyan zanmi m 'yo. :blink: