The "Where in Canada" Map Quiz!

Happy Paddlers

alright, not much detail to go by on this one, so it may be difficult to find. then again, who knows...

name any of those caches:

12608587.png

Took one look at that and thought that ... area ... looks ... familiar ...

GCGQ57 - Algonquin Toy Story

GC151B - Algonquin Lookout South Trail

GCC30 - Mark's Algonquin adventure

GC84E - Algonquin by Canoe

We needed a real easy one for beginners!

No need to rush guys, take a bit of time when prepping. I missed 3 or 4 while I was out for a few hours...

This appears spoiled... where is the fire anyway?.. maybe I'll do this one to finish catching up... or the replacement.

Doug 7rxc

Oh dang it... I got carried away... NOW I have to think of somewhere else to post... a down side...

Edit: Ok, since this is speedy day... I've got a little offering... I can blow it up a bit if needed, but it will suffer resolution loss... have to have it small... feel the need to try slowing things doowwnnn...

nuoffer3crp.jpg N = up

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Ah jeez...I missed the one even I could have gotten, sigh. I'm still playing along here, without any success whatsoever :huh: I'm seeing lots of interesting places though, and because I'm so hopeless at finding anything, makes me think I really need the map-time this is giving me!

Oh dang it... I got carried away... NOW I have to think of somewhere else to post... a down side...

Edit: Ok, since this is speedy day... I've got a little offering... I can blow it up a bit if needed, but it will suffer resolution loss... have to have it small... feel the need to try slowing things doowwnnn...

nuoffer3crp.jpg N = up

Doug 7rxc

Wow what a cache, I cannot glean a single clue from the picture. There looks like a smoke stack in the middle but its far enough away that I'd say its not important. This one may be to close in of a shot to solve unless your a local.

image removed for size.

Doug 7rxc

Wow what a cache, I cannot glean a single clue from the picture. There looks like a smoke stack in the middle but its far enough away that I'd say its not important. This one may be to close in of a shot to solve unless your a local.

I said I'd consider modifying it an I have been doing so, but it is only one day in... you see one clue... but there is a paved road, green grass, buildings, lots of trees, yet you don't SEE anything! Just kidding a bit... but they were placed there to give a path to a much smaller area than all of Canada... Anyway we'll see about it... but it's lots more than some of these have had... or at least as much... I will say that the image is only a cropped image not a resized one... you can see that as part of a much larger area, almost full screen minus the edges / bars. I wouldn't ask anyone to search that small.

Doug 7rxc

I wish I wasn't on a diet... love popcorn...

I'm waiting on one who wanted to try it the way it was presented... I have a slightly wider area available...

I tried to do another one that was much larger... but it involved the whole of Canada, and didn't really help...

I still think it can be found though... :mmraspberry: I went and got a yogurt cone! It's supposedly good for me.

May widen tomorrow if I don't see an answer!

EDIT: Watch the original post (#166) for this... I have to swap the image at the source... Done!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Sometimes stalking a geocacher and where they have been is interesting. I found out the cache in question by searching his personal trackables and that on may 16 1010 7rxc was at Higginson Tower GC1Q7QK.

Say so long to this one :signalviolin: and onto another, Have fun,now I just need to load the next :blink:

Edited by GEO This

It is Winter after all and there are other things that occupy peoples attention and free time.

Aside from solving these offerings, I'm housecleaning my computer files and processing some data held within.

I just realized that I have to count something else for this Thread / Game [Dang it!]... but I'll start by

saying that I've counted 63 caches shown in XX 34 pics since it began... [Can't believe I forgot the number of pics]

Might as well count the number of posters in thread and the hider/finders as well... IF I find time.

I thought it was time to do a 'duplication' list, which I have done... just having trouble with getting it into

a forum post in the same layout... makes it easy to check a selected cache to avoid re offering... I can send a copy IF anyone cares to have it... just send me an email and desired format... MS Word or Excel, or just a Wordpad type file... etc. Then you can keep it up to date yourself... I just use the GC numbers, but have the names as well if wanted.

This one is a good opportunity for a first time find... not very hard... If you haven't guessed, that was me... about 30 minutes total... most of it false start and information gathering/testing... My last one would have been tough if done visually and not mining my profile... tsk tsk... says Doug waiting for someone with thousands of caches/trackables to find, so Geo This can search through THAT hiders stuff.. But it was a valid technique as stated WAY back during my first offering... then I got rushed and careless... hmmm.

Come on now, where are the original players gone to... I hope the game isn't ending so soon due to lack of interest... I now have a great to do list when I get the chance. Some might not have to wait that long either.

Edit: to add missing pic number. May be subject to review... I rushed the count a bit.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Its "The Snakes Head" http://coord.info/GCWD93

I was going to refrain from answering this one as I saw the image before your minor edit which had the spoiler on it of the street name.

A quick google with a few edits..... as I eliminate a city..... "4 st nw" canada -calgary -medicine -slave gives you Sundre AB in the first hit, gravy from there.

I dont have an image to post at the moment... so anyone else feel free to toss a new one up

Well 7rxc, take it away, time for a new canadian where are you quiz.

I appreciate the thought... at the time I was really tied up...

Since savant9 made a find and let RCA play through... I decided I would solve that one as well and NOW will go find another offering... I think that is more fair... although I wish our friends MoFryFam would be finders... I know they try. I'll try to find one that is up their alley, but still some work... and using the map images, not database searches... which are fair, but not as much fun I think... except for hard hides... This last one was a matter of colour matching, the dam and lock... and years plying the Trent/Severn canal System by boat... Wasn't always a Westerner you know.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

I've selected one and should have it up this P.M. (not long), just a bit busy right now...

have to finish the edit. and store online.

Edit: OK, here we go...

Should not be too hard I hope. N = up as always.

nuoffer4crp.jpg

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

I've selected one and should have it up this P.M. (not long), just a bit busy right now...

have to finish the edit. and store online.

Edit: OK, here we go...

nuoffer4crp.jpg

Doug 7rxc

GC1ENV8 Green River Getaway. (Mar 14, 2010, lol).

I'll post one in a bit...Just gotta find it again.

image removed... snip

GC1ENV8 Green River Getaway. (Mar 14, 2010, lol).

I'll post one in a bit...Just gotta find it again.

Congrats... looking forward to it. Wait a minute, did you say YOU lost the new one? :blink:

I guess I'll have to find another to appease MoFryFam next time... but they will still have to find it...

One problem with an open quiz is that ANYONE can solve it any time.

Nice to see some of the 'new' players finding.

Doug 7rxc

How 'bout this one? And no "cheesy" hints this time...

I liked your cheesy hint before. I like what you did with this one, although it wasn't till I found it that I clued in.

This time I used this ski hill KML http://www.firsttrac...oads/skimap.kml and quickly found.... http://coord.info/GC14APT Murray Ridge Hang-Out: MaliBooBoo's Lookout Series.

I think you are the first to use their own cache....sneaky.

Once again I have no image to post up, so 7rxc, feel free to post up yours or any one else who has one ready.

Once again I have no image to post up, so 7rxc, feel free to post up yours or any one else who has one ready.

OK I think I have enough time... I was letting others have a chance... back in a while unless I get beat by someone else..

Edit: I guess I was a bit obvious hiding my find... just like to share like I said... but here is one that I was thinking about a while back... neither hard or easy depending on whether you search what you can see or what you can data base...(a very valid technique)... but it can let you down sometimes... Here goes a quick posting...

nuoffer5crp.jpg

Should be good for our non finders yet... but anyone can search for it. Hint... it's not in MoFryFam's backyard.. :lol:

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Anyone actually seeking this? I have to check a few people by email to see how they are doing... but not even a request for a hint on here so far... It has been a week +... I've been doing a few other things, will now ponder how it can be hinted without spoiling someone else's fun. I think that weather has had some influence even on 'indoor' pastimes... or maybe like us you have been able to get outside for a change.

I'd hate to see this die from lack of interest, but things are finite as seasons change.

Doug 7rxc

I'm a lookin, its not on an island and I see a boat approaching a dam, so its on at least 1 river.

Binrat

Thanks for the reply... have you been lurking? You are looking at least... I'd be interested in reasoning re the first statement... 2nd point...

I can see the wake, but don't see a boat... of course you may have better eyes than I do :rolleyes: Not sure about the dam either... although they often have roads or walkways on top... I think even a weir would show some difference in water level, but I don't see that here... like I said, bad eyes... Would be glad to read what you have to say... you can use my profile if you wish... I'd rather not spoil things for others, but am interested in how people go at these... I have some time again... for a while.

There are a few people out there who are starting to learn how to approach these things... which isn't all that hard until one has to start actually tracking them down...

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc