Mega Camping 2011

Zetetic

Mega Wales are proud to announce that the Mega Camping will be located at Kennexstone Camping and Touring Park, Llangennith, Gower.

The campsite is situated in the heart of the wonderful and varied landscape of the Gower Peninsula (Welsh: Penrhyn Gwyr) and was the first place in Britain to be designated as an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' (AONB) by the Countryside Agency.

The site has around 240 pitches and accepts tents, caravans and motor homes. Dogs are welcome. Book your pitch now!

Further details may be found here

The loggable Mega Camping Event (open to campers and non-campers) will commence at 5pm on Saturday 30th July. The event will be an informal bring your own barbeque get together on the campsite. There is plenty of parking for day visitors to the event.

We are also planning a number of other Side Events around the MEGA weekend that emphasise a Welsh theme including a picnic at the top of the Brecon Beacons, a walk on to Worm’s Head at the end of the Gower and Events at the National Museum, Wales. Further details of these can be found on the Mega Wales website.

OK, just booked and paid deposit ;)

Apparently, hook-up could be limited for those of you who want it.

What a lovely bloke too - if they weren't shut now, we'd have probably gone and stayed next week (we're looking for somewhere to go)

Tried again - but as the site has just closed for the year they've unplugged all their 'puters to move them, so can't take bookings at the mo.

However....she was very nice and helpful, and took details - but doesn't envisage any problems with booking later on (even next year....)

OK, just booked and paid deposit ;)

What a lovely bloke too - if they weren't shut now, we'd have probably gone and stayed next week (we're looking for somewhere to go)

Tried again - but as the site has just closed for the year they've unplugged all their 'puters to move them, so can't take bookings at the mo.

However....she was very nice and helpful, and took details - but doesn't envisage any problems with booking later on (even next year....)

Glad to here you are experiencing the same enthusiasm and helpfulness from the Site Owner that we experienced when we were choosing the venue. You wondered if some of the other sites we visited wanted to remain in business! Just need the weather now for next July.

I was a little concerned to see how few pitches they have......

I remember when I was asked to locate a campsite for the Harrogate Mega and we thought we'd only need 150 pitches, but I seem to remember there were around 280 pitches JUST for cachers.... let alone other guests.... AND we all know how much the mega events have taken off since those early days!

Do we know if we have the whole of the site?

what happens if it gets booked up?

In the past Piratemania has had to have an "overflow" campsite lined up, and I think it might be an idea for this event since they only have permission for a maximum of 240 units.........

Just my two penneth, but I have already emailed and asked about booking since I couldn't get hold of anyone either!

Edited by HazelS

quote name='HazelS' post='4509858' date='Oct 23 2010, 05:50 AM']

It DOES look a lovely site, and I can't wait!! I booked annual leave for it yesterday too!!

Yep the site looks good :rolleyes:

And from the air looks easily big enough with 240 pitches. :anitongue:

We are hoping to make at least one night on the site.

Walescamp.jpg

Edited by Madyokel

It DOES look a lovely site, and I can't wait!! I booked annual leave for it yesterday too!!

In all honesty, the fella David is so nice, if the site had been open next week, we would have been visiting!

Unforutnately, they shut on September 30th.

We'll have to find somewhere else to go.

If you fancy heading up to Yorkshire - we're still open

In all honesty, the fella David is so nice, if the site had been open next week, we would have been visiting!

If it's only adults, the site we are looking after down in Cornwall is open for caravans/motorhomes/trailer tents.

Plenty of peace and quite and lots of caches

If you fancy heading up to Yorkshire - we're still open

Aye, go on then.

I've sent you a Facebook PM.

Apologies for hijacking the thread :sad:

OK, just booked and paid deposit :)

I meant to say - I've had my deposit taken from my card......

http://www.candengo.co.uk/kennexstone-camping-and-touring-park-rolls-our-candengo-openwifi-in-time-for-mega-wales-geo-cache-event.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Set in the heart of the beautiful Gower Peninsula, South Wales, Kennexstone Camping & Touring Park is the number one farm campsite for the more discerning visitor. Ideally situated amongst a working organic farm environment, the touring park benefits from the owner’s real love and drive for returning a varied wildlife back into the countryside.

What’s more, there will be site wide WiFi from Monday 21st March,2011.

The WiFi installation consists of 2 Network access points, a Candengo AP261 with 15 DB Omni providing central coverage, with Mesh Injection being handled by an AP261 with 8DB omni.

Service should cover all 240 pitches, although weather and site location may affect a few pitches.

Kennexstone is also hosting the Mega Wales Geocaching event (if you’ve never tried it , check out http://www.geocaching.com/ ) so WiFi will be especially useful over that period.