Casual Friday: Wear your Geocaching Shirt/Gear/Accessories

Snoogans

Anyone go GeoCasual today? :)

Nope. Had a last minute gig fall in my lap and, well... my cred.

(I'll admit to also not owning a caching piece of clothing. I'm not against them, I just haven't seen one that speaks to me on a deep, spiritual level like my glow-in-the-dark skeleton drummer shirt or my "City Name Sports Team" shirt does. When I do, I'm sure I'll buy it.)

(I'll admit to also not owning a caching piece of clothing. I'm not against them, I just haven't seen one that speaks to me on a deep, spiritual level like my glow-in-the-dark skeleton drummer shirt or my "City Name Sports Team" shirt does. When I do, I'm sure I'll buy it.)

That City Name Sports Team shirt is from t-shirt hell.

How about one that says:

geocaching: Wayyy more chances to contract West Nile, or Lyme Disease than the average person.-Snoogans

I've given approval for anyone to print one for their personal/team use as long as they let me know how many shirts were made and they don't sell them as a product for profit.

That City Name Sports Team shirt is from t-shirt hell.

Actually I bought it directly from the owner of the website that orginated the T-shirts. (Not generally a place considered "family friendly"). He sold them to the members of his site's forum before listing them through the site's store.

I wear it during footbal season because I don't watch or support college or professional sports in any way shape or form.

How about one that says:

geocaching: Wayyy more chances to contract West Nile, or Lyme Disease than the average person.-Snoogans

I've given approval for anyone to print one for their personal/team use as long as they let me know how many shirts were made and they don't sell them as a product for profit.

I'm looking more for a cool looking shirt moreso than a shirt with a particular saying on it. I want something that is both techy and outdoorsy with a touch of steampunk.

...size XL. Must be a color found in nature. Cotton or cotton blend.

Edited by Castle Mischief

I work in a pretty professional eviornment and it wouldn't work for me, to un-professional IMO, for what I do. And I'm with the dog with glasses on the fact I like to keep it low key. In fact I have nothing on my car like the TBs and all that sticker stuff other cachers paste all over everything. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....it's just not for me......

Scubasonic

I already wear Levis, Birkenstocks, and Hawaiian shirts to work every day. (Ok, sometimes I wear tennis shoes instead.) I could wear a geocaching shirt if I wanted. I do IT and I work out of an office near my home but I'm not managed by anybody in that office (it would be hard for that to happen since I make more money than anybody in that office) so nobody "controls" what I wear. Even if I go to the central office in Sacramento where my boss is I don't feel a need to "dress up". Just one of the perks of being in IT. ;)

I don't need to do anything special for folks in this office to know I geocache. I used to work under someone in this office and she always knew why it was I'd get poison oak from time to time. Once a "special" cache was placed by a local cop who finally got off of night patrol. He didn't list it but posted it in our local group. He placed an official traffic unit travel coffee mug for whomever found it first. There was no other actual cache.

I didn't have my GPS at work so I looked it up on Google Earth for a general idea of where it was. I jumped up and said, "I'll be back!" When I returned to work with the coffee mug my old boss just shook her head and told me I was a geek. My wife still uses the travel mug. It had a City of Chico traffic unit logo on it and the motto, "It's not a quota - it's more like a contest!"

I'm wearing my green Cache Attack t-shirt for the first time today. The dress code here is pretty loose because of the production environment. Any time we're on the floor we have to wear smocks so we might as well be comfortable. Until I started working here I always wore at least polo shirts and khakis. Now it's jeans and t-shirts. I'm scared that might change soon since we are now only allowed to wear our smocks on the floor and can no longer take them into the office area.

I'm wearing my green Cache Attack t-shirt for the first time today. The dress code here is pretty loose because of the production environment. Any time we're on the floor we have to wear smocks so we might as well be comfortable. Until I started working here I always wore at least polo shirts and khakis. Now it's jeans and t-shirts. I'm scared that might change soon since we are now only allowed to wear our smocks on the floor and can no longer take them into the office area.

Forgot my GeoPin today, but I'll have my Lost & Found hat on later today as I volunteer to take 40+ burn survivors on a geocaching adventure for The World Burn Congress, at Moody Gardens, in Galveston.

Maingray from NCGO is the head honcho for this activity and several other local cachers will be helping.

This is an idea I'm gonna try to revive with an event on October 5. I've seen a few GeoCasual Friday events posted here and there. Are any of them still going on?

I'm gonna try to do a GeoCasual Friday event at least quarterly. I'll try for the first Friday of the month, but I hate getting into that rut of expectation. Really any Friday will do.

Anyone else up for this or knows of a regular GCF event that is still going on regularly?

Anyhoo, if this catches on mayyybe it will give Groundspeak some incentive to put out some Polo type geocaching logo and especially the TB logo shirts. :)

Next week I make the transition from uniform to business casual. I just checked the Groundspeak store..... There is nothing there that could be considered "business casual."

It would be nice to have a polo type shirt with a collar and either the geocaching.com logo or the TB logo. Heck, I'd buy both in a few different colors. Think about it Groundspeak... I recall conversations going back almost 10 years about a collared shirt with a tiny tb logo. No tracking. Just the logo.