A trip to Walgreens

RandomH3ro

went to Walgreens today, and bought some camo tape and a container(lock & lock), and got 6 film canisters (free) for cache containers.

its as if they knew i was coming and got prepared for me. Or, maybe someone who works there is a cacher and made some orders.

cachecon.jpg

and, i got this guys pic a few days ago. i was 6" from walking into him when he caught my eye.

45109_1453299223938_1577022596_2016863_1889826_n.jpg

just starting a new topic.

Edited by RandomH3ro

How cool that Walgreens has cammo tape! I have been looking all over for that type of tape (FINALLY found some at Wal-Mart in the hunting section!) every place else has the digi-cammo tape. Does Walgreens still do one hour film processing? Several of the local Wally Worlds stopped doing 1 Hr and they send all film out to be developed, therefore they don't have empty film canisters any more. Where else can I go to find film canisters (I have a hard time reasoning BUYING them off of eBay).

Where else can I go to find film canisters?

While my response doesn't really answer your question, your inquiry made me consider the obvious:

Why would you want to? Film cans are the poster child of crappy containers. Take pride in your hide.

While no one can force you to use a quality container, I can assure you that those who seek your caches will thank you for making the extra effort.

There are many containers available that can be acquired for very little $$$, that hold up much better than film cans.

Where else can I go to find film canisters?

While my response doesn't really answer your question, your inquiry made me consider the obvious:

Why would you want to? Film cans are the poster child of crappy containers. Take pride in your hide.

While no one can force you to use a quality container, I can assure you that those who seek your caches will thank you for making the extra effort.

There are many containers available that can be acquired for very little $$$, that hold up much better than film cans.

I have to agree with Clan Riffster here. Your caches will last longer and be more well liked if you use a better container.

Where else can I go to find film canisters (I have a hard time reasoning BUYING them off of eBay).
The easy answer is the place that WalMart sends their film to for developing.

I get film canisters from a local professional photoimaging company. Check 'photo finishing' in your yellow pages.

Also, always remember these fact about film canisters:

• The white ones with the lids that snap into the container do a pretty good job of keeping the log dry.
  • The black or grey ones with the cap that snaps over the top of the container do a poor job. (seems backwards, doesn't it)
  • Some people will whine about using film cans regardless of whether the log is dry. Ignore these people.