Charter Membership

Here I was thinking maybe Charter members got some sort of special rate. I've read through this thread and it seems to me like all they get is the title?

They get the same rate they receieved when they first upgraded, which I believe is around $19 a year instead of $30. I don't know for sure though.

Maybe you should check your facts first before posting.

Here I was thinking maybe Charter members got some sort of special rate. I've read through this thread and it seems to me like all they get is the title?

They get the same rate they receieved when they first upgraded, which I believe is around $19 a year instead of $30. I don't know for sure though.

It has always been $30 and always will be.

Edited by W7WT
Maybe you should check your facts first before posting.

And cite my sources too? I think I'll pass.

It has always been $30 and always will be.[/b

Really? What qualifies you to see into the future?

:rolleyes:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.printer.friendly&id=5

As long as you continue to renew your membership, you will always be guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member!

If you stop being a premium member, you stop being a charter member. So as long as you remain a charter member, you continue to pay $30/year.

If you stop being a premium member, you stop being a charter member. So as long as you remain a charter member, you continue to pay $30/year.

"guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member" does not mean the rate can't rise for new Premium members.

Correct. The rate for new premium members may rise but the charter members were given a price guarantee of $30 per year as long as they maintain their status.

"guaranteed the rate at which you first became a Premium member" does not mean the rate can't rise for new Premium members.

Stop being argumentative. You're talking about Charter members. There is no new Charter membership.

Stop being argumentative. You're talking about Charter members. There is no new Charter membership.

I don't think his post was supervised by an adult.

I never said anything about a Charter membership. Since I hadn't joined this site until 2008, it's not unreasonable for me to have thought the cost for new members could have risen since it's inception, especially when this post says $12.95 a year.

WRASTRO was kidding.

WRASTRO is a kidder.

Premium memberships cost $30 per year, and always have.

I never said anything about a Charter membership. Since I hadn't joined this site until 2008, it's not unreasonable for me to have thought the cost for new members could have risen since it's inception, especially when this post says $12.95 a year.

WRASTRO was kidding.

WRASTRO is a kidder.

Premium memberships cost $30 per year, and always have.

And always will.

wizard-with-crystal-ball.jpg

Edited by knowschad

Read your own post #54.

You were most certainly talking about charter members. Your post was in response to another post The_Incredibles' post stating maybe Charter members got some sort of special rate AND the thread is about Charter Membership.

Just admit you were mistaken. You did leave yourself that wiggle room by saying you believed and you didn't know for sure.

Read your own post #54.

That was made in accordance with the data gleaned from post #35, where I wasn't sure if WRASTRO was kidding so I said "I don't know for sure though."

I don't think his post was supervised by an adult.

My brother turned 18 last year, so that makes him an adult.

The kid has a point.

The kid is delusional. Read GeoBain's post #68.

You were most certainly talking about charter members. Your post was in response to another post The_Incredibles' post stating maybe Charter members got some sort of special rate AND the thread is about Charter Membership.

That's exactly what I said, because I thought it was $19 in 2001 after seeing WRASTRO's post.

Just admit you were mistaken. You did leave yourself that wiggle room by saying you believed and you didn't know for sure.

I realized long ago the rate was never $19 and WRASTRO was kidding. That doesn't mean the rate can't rise in the future, even if it's locked for currently paying members.

You know, it's possible for us to have a simple discussion without picking on people.

Eventually there'll be nobody left on this forum because of all the snarkiness.

My bad. I'm responding to his snarkiness in "Really? What qualifies you to see into the future?" Ambient Skater seems to think that I'm picking on his $19 / year mistake. I'm not. He made a mistake there, no big deal.

I'm going to try this one last time, and give up after that.

Premium membership was $30 / year when they started offering it. One of the perks they offer early adopters is the tag "Charter Members".

If you're a charter member, you pay the same $30 / year, and according to Groundspeak's FAQ quoted above, your membership fees will never go up, as long as your PM does not lapse.

If your membership lapses, and you're a Charter Member, you lose your Charter Member tag. Forever. (special cases where you can appeal, and Groundspeak may reinstate).

So, Charter Members pay $30 / year. And they'll continue paying $30 / year to remain a Charter Member. The rate is locked in and will never go up for Charter Members.

The kid has a point.

The kid is delusional. Read GeoBain's post #68.

Wow. Really? Even if you disagree with the post, we're still talking about a kid, not an adult. Lighten up on the insults.

That's exactly what I said, because I thought it was $19 in 2001 after seeing WRASTRO's post.

I realized long ago the rate was never $19 and WRASTRO was kidding. That doesn't mean the rate can't rise in the future, even if it's locked for currently paying members.

You obviously do not understand how charter membership works here. If you ever allow your membership fee to lapse, you cease to be a charter member. So while it is possible that premium member fees could go up, charter members will never see an increase.