When is there going to be a limit on regulars?

jholly

When are we going to limit the number of regulars a person can place? It is getting completely out of control, you can hardly go into pristine environmentally sensitive woods without at least a dozen ammo cans or peanut butter jars scattered about, all at the end of a geotrail. I think a lifetime limit of 5 per person should be enough. Really a nice 35mm film can under a Wally World lamp post should be enough. Besides getting these regulars out in the woods is a real drag. You got to walk miles, get eaten by bugs and get all scratched.

...as soon as we get rid of internet trolls...

internet-troll-college-humor.jpg

This is an interesting comment. Is there some reason you did not make the same comment in the "when are we going to limit micros" thread? Perhaps limiting one size is more politically correct than another size. I believe in equality of size.

Perhaps because those threads are usually someone who, however misguided, really wants to improve the game. This thread was just someone trying to stir the pot.

and how is the game improved by limiting the caches that can be placed? I've done some pretty awesome micros and likewise have done some pretty awful regulars. And I've even done a nano with swag. I have yet to find a correlation between size and quality of the hide.

I am not arguing that. Some micros are not lame. Some ammo cans are. The difference between those other threads and yours is that you are trolling and they actually wanted a discussion about changing the game.

Why are you such an an idiot?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

2. Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Edited by mtn-man

When are we going to limit the number of regulars a person can place? It is getting completely out of control, you can hardly go into pristine environmentally sensitive woods without at least a dozen ammo cans or peanut butter jars scattered about, all at the end of a geotrail. I think a lifetime limit of 5 per person should be enough. Really a nice 35mm film can under a Wally World lamp post should be enough. Besides getting these regulars out in the woods is a real drag. You got to walk miles, get eaten by bugs and get all scratched.

You mean,,, this post is ,,, for real :)

deleted the troll image for the moment.

Jholly is actually quite prolific forum regular. Not a troll. If you notice, he has a post count of over 3000. Just sayin' He may have meant his OP with a little bit of humor, but I don't think it's very nice for you to call an obvious regular a troll. Not cool.

Edited by nymphnsatyr

This is an interesting comment. Is there some reason you did not make the same comment in the "when are we going to limit micros" thread? Perhaps limiting one size is more politically correct than another size. I believe in equality of size.

Perhaps because those threads are usually someone who, however misguided, really wants to improve the game. This thread was just someone trying to stir the pot.

and how is the game improved by limiting the caches that can be placed? I've done some pretty awesome micros and likewise have done some pretty awful regulars. And I've even done a nano with swag. I have yet to find a correlation between size and quality of the hide.

Limiting the caches that can be place has been done throughout the history of geocaching.com. Some feel that taking some cache types off the site - virtuals, locationless, webcams was a detriment to the game some feel it improved the game. Limits on micro sizes would probably have the same effect - some would feel it's a detriment, some would feel a limit would be an improvement.

Edited by Lone R

Jholly is actually quite prolific forum regular. Not a troll. If you notice, he has a post count of over 3000. Just sayin' He may have meant his OP with a little bit of humor, but I don't think it's very nice for you to call an obvious regular a troll. Not cool.

Some will interpret this thread as a tongue-in-cheek mocking of all "limit the micros" threads. Others will interpret it as a blatant mockery (TWU's words) of the most recent "limit the micros" thread. Either way, it demonstrates perfectly the pointlessness of screaming "troll!", whether it's a troll or not. The thread probably would have died days ago without any of the troll posts.

No point in answering the original question, because I don't think the OP really wanted one.

I know I'm new, but I'm pretty sure the point of Geocaching is not to eventually find every single one in existence ( I know a few may beg to differ ). Find your own style and enjoy it. There's no rule that says you have to go into the woods.

Edited by Boxcars

Regulars can, on occasion, troll.