A polite reminder to people to think before you post

Amen. Same here, even though I don't post much.

At the moment there have been 2508 views of this thread but only 120 posts. That too tells me that folks are hesitant to post even when the topic interests them.

You may come to that conclusion, but it's far from clear that it is true.

In any forum, the lurkers vastly outnumber the posters. It's much easier to read than it is to write.

At the moment there have been 2508 views of this thread but only 120 posts. That too tells me that folks are hesitant to post even when the topic interests them.

In any forum, the lurkers vastly outnumber the posters. It's much easier to read than it is to write.

I totally agree! I only lurk on the GC forum. I make posts on my local forum. There are no pack of wolves there!

and now back to the entertainment... :anibad:
I've got to side with Castle Mischief on this one, Snoogans. "wittle feewings"? I don't want the place to be "antiseptic" either, but that's a bit over the top, I think.

:drama::drama::drama:

Ummm, I don't take myself or ANY forum interaction too seriously. Balance is what I strive for as stated earlier in this thread. Assign whatever meaning you like to my words and believe that with all your heart. :drama: This hair has now been quartered. Anyone want to try for eighths? :unsure::drama:

Everybody run !!!

Elmer Fudd just slaughtered Bugs Bunny and is lookin for fresh meat !!! :o:rolleyes:

I've got to side with Castle Mischief on this one, Snoogans. "wittle feewings"? I don't want the place to be "antiseptic" either, but that's a bit over the top, I think.

:drama::o:drama:

Ummm, I don't take myself or ANY forum interaction too seriously. Balance is what I strive for as stated earlier in this thread. Assign whatever meaning you like to my words and believe that with all your heart. :drama: This hair has now been quartered. Anyone want to try for eighths? :drama::drama:

Everybody run !!!

Elmer Fudd just slaughtered Bugs Bunny and is lookin for fresh meat !!! :o:drama:

Way to pwemature qwote thewe. :rolleyes: That haiw is currwently up for thirty-secondths. :unsure::drama::drama:

Does it surprise me that it degenerated? Not in the least.

Do I feel that thread is indicative of this forum in general or even some of the folks who came away egg-faced? Not in the least.

I would have trouble reconciling those 2 statements.

If that thread IS NOT indicative of this forum in general then it should be a surprise - however mild.

If that thread IS indicative of this forum in general then - well - you would not be surprised in the least.

Either it is typical and you are not surprised, or it is atypical and you are surprised. Which is it?

Unless you are nonchalant and this is what you wanted to convey....

I think I added about 15 to that count last night. I Kept coming back to a particular post to post a reply, and then would think better of it and would cancel out. After doing that several times, the forums quit working for me, so I took that as a sign and went to bed! :anibad:

Still, this thread has brought out quite the variety of posters, so I think it's safe to say that it has hit a nerve.

Does it surprise me that it degenerated? Not in the least.

Do I feel that thread is indicative of this forum in general or even some of the folks who came away egg-faced? Not in the least.

I would have trouble reconciling those 2 statements.

If that thread IS NOT indicative of this forum in general then it should be a surprise - however mild.

If that thread IS indicative of this forum in general then - well - you would not be surprised in the least.

Either it is typical and you are not surprised, or it is atypical and you are surprised. Which is it?

Unless you are nonchalant and this is what you wanted to convey....

And the hair splitting continues... *yawwwn* Umm okay. That last part works for me. :drama:

Since you only quoted part of my post and since I answered your question.... What did you make of this:

I'm enjoying the irony that exists between my first post to this thread and this one.

:rolleyes::drama::unsure::anibad:

Way to pwemature qwote thewe. :anibad: That haiw is currwently up for thirty-secondths. :rolleyes::unsure::drama:

I'm sending over a pack of litigious rhotacism suffers to your house right now. Then we will see who waffs wast.

This thwed will have me waffing for months to come. :drama::drama:

Fow youw penance you awe wequiwed to pwace an Arthuw Q. Bwyan Memowial Cache.

Edited by DragonsWest

:drama::o:drama:

Ummm, I don't take myself or ANY forum interaction too seriously. Balance is what I strive for as stated earlier in this thread. Assign whatever meaning you like to my words and believe that with all your heart. :drama: This hair has now been quartered. Anyone want to try for eighths? :drama::drama:

Everybody run !!!

Elmer Fudd just slaughtered Bugs Bunny and is lookin for fresh meat !!! :o:drama:

Way to pwemature qwote thewe. :rolleyes: That haiw is currwently up for thirty-secondths. :unsure::drama::drama:

That's not 32nds, that's wabbit stew, Elmer...

If someone said to you "I don't believe you, you are lying, prove who you are. And if you prove it, I am sorry for doubting you" you wouldn't feel attacked? Every time he addressed the OP (who in his mind was ashnikes when reality it was piddlepuss) he was questioning her and was attacking her, not ashnikes. He might not have meant it for her but she sure got it.

Bull <insert whatever word you deem appropriate>!

Once again, I would not have said a word and left it at apology made and let's move on.

Let's just hope you continue to be perfect. But if and when you do slip up, I hope that there is someone sitting close by to kick you when you are down, too!

All, in my humble opinion. :anibad:

Hypocritical cop-out! The use of a smiley does not take away from the fact that you are doing precisely what you accuse me of.

And with this, I give myself -1. I refuse to fill out any forms. And I am too freakin' pissed to bother to put together a coherent, witty, amusing goodbye.

To those who got me, thanks.

To everyone else who I apparently annoyed the crap out of,,, <intentionally left blank because I have nothing good to say>!

GeoBain,

I'll be real honest here. I am so sorry to see you go. I really have enjoyed your posts. I have laughed out loud many many times because of your posts, and I have learned a lot from you.

I'm not trying to kiss your behind, but I see that you have apologized, and I really wish that people would just LEAVE YOU ALONE. In fact, it's really making me angry that people cannot accept your apology and cannot accept that this issue is done and over with.

Please everyone, leave it be!! What are you going to prove by attacking GeoBain? How does that make it better? I'll tell you what made it better... the fact that he took responsibility for himself, apologized, and accepted that he had done something wrong. JUST STOP ALREADY!

:anibad:

GeoBain,

I'll be real honest here. I am so sorry to see you go. I really have enjoyed your posts. I have laughed out loud many many times because of your posts, and I have learned a lot from you.

I'm not trying to kiss your behind, but I see that you have apologized, and I really wish that people would just LEAVE YOU ALONE. In fact, it's really making me angry that people cannot accept your apology and cannot accept that this issue is done and over with.

Please everyone, leave it be!! What are you going to prove by attacking GeoBain? How does that make it better? I'll tell you what made it better... the fact that he took responsibility for himself, apologized, and accepted that he had done something wrong. JUST STOP ALREADY!

Thank you. HJe's the only one who apologized and made amends for what he posted and this is how he is treated, and when pointed out they continue it. See why I seldom post here anymore either?

This is a thoughtful (meaning a lot of thought was put into it), and I appreciate it. I'm new to this particular forum, and I just posted a question after not being able to find a search option that I apparently missed. And, I've been on plenty of forums, so I'm not a novice. If I missed it, I'm sure lots of others have, too.

I think a good rule of thumb is to give people the benefit of the doubt and also treat them the same way you would if you weren't hiding behind a computer... that seems to be the source of a lot of meanness on forums- anonymity.

GeoBain,

Thank you. HJe's the only one who apologized and made amends for what he posted and this is how he is treated, and when pointed out they continue it. See why I seldom post here anymore either?

Doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. Nice work you, fr****** bunch of idiots who drove him away. Go pat yourselves on the back.

GeoBain,

Doesn't matter anymore. He's gone. Nice work you, fr****** bunch of idiots who drove him away. Go pat yourselves on the back.

Okay, seriously, I'm STILL not seeing this "bunch", "mob", and "piling on" that you keep talking about. Honest, I'm not. Slukster made it personal, but I haven't seen anybody else do that, and he hardly elicited a groundswell of support--more like the awkward dome of silence. Most of the posts here have been thoughtful, and have kept things general. I really don't think most are holding the recent events against GeoBain. Maybe they are, I can't read minds, but I really don't think so.

I find it really interesting that just a few negative posts have upset at least 3 people enough that they want to quit posting--and these are forum regulars, who presumably understand the ebb and flow of forum posts. Imagine if you were a newbie, and came back to one of your posts to find it full of eyerolls and ice cream. Imagine how they must feel.

That's all.

I find it really interesting that just a few negative posts have upset at least 3 people enough that they want to quit posting--and these are forum regulars, who presumably understand the ebb and flow of forum posts. Imagine if you were a newbie, and came back to one of your posts to find it full of eyerolls and ice cream. Imagine how they must feel.

That's all.

Losing regulars speaks to an issue that is not just about how newbies are treated.

That's all.

Losing regulars speaks to an issue that is not just about how newbies are treated.

Just making a comparison as to how people react when their feelings get hurt. And how sometimes people hurt others unintentionally. And how 2 people can read the same thread, and not get the same vibe. *shrug* I just don't honestly see why any of the regulars ARE leaving. Mostly thoughtful posts, a few jokes, a little bit of bickering, and a couple that really crossed the line. But there's always going to be somebody that crosses that line--you can't listen to the one downer, you have to focus on the positives.

I lurk a fair amount, but maybe not enough to totally understand all the undercurrents here. Maybe there's more than what I'm seeing, and I'm honestly trying to figure it out. Is this a newbie vs. regular thing? Are the regulars feeling attacked by the newbies/lurkers? If that's the feeling, it's one I'm not picking up on. Or is it one group of regulars against another?

I have nothing against anybody. I don't want to see anybody leave. I don't see ANY REASON for anybody to leave. I'm just trying to understand why they are. Somebody please explain it to me. Yeah, maybe I AM just that dense.

That's all.

And with that the shame spiral is complete. :tired:

Can there be a Möbius shame spiral? :huh:

This thread is becoming a black comedy. (Link added to idiot proof the post.) It's so sad and depressing it makes me want to laugh. It's almost better than Very Bad Things and that movie makes me laugh fit to split.

I'm on the edge of my seat now. There's got to be an unexpected plot twist soon. :o:):)

BD, I'm not mocking you, but if you don't have something specific to point the finger on, I'm gonna have to stand by my assessment. This thread IS a shame spiral. :)

Of course it's a spiral, it's always been a spiral and will continue to be.

You want me to put my finger on it?

Folks, let's drop the whole "apology and that other thread issue".

That thread is closed. The apology has been given. The issue is over.

Move on.

Thanks.

That's it, right there.