First Cache found!

Hey all. Received a Magellan Triton 400 from my Wife for my Birthday this past weekend. Headed out this AM and found my first cache! Very excited. It is amazing how many caches are so close to my house!

My cache partner Sprocket was not much help in locating the cache, but she seemed to enjoy the hunt and really enjoyed taking a swim while I was busy writing in the log book! Thank goodness I brought a towel to put on the seat!

Can't wait to do some more caching!

Cheers.

Ah, I remember my excitement at my first few finds. It can be an absolute dilly of a game.

There will be highs and lows, but hopefully more highs than lows.

I was out caching, on Sunday, after the World Cup final, and met a family out caching, too. We tried to find a new cache, which was published with errant coordinates, but we still had a great time.

It continues to be fun for me, 7 years and going.

Just headed out this AM before work and found our second cache! Nice and close to home made it an easy trip to do before work. Only complaint was the mosquitoes! I got mauled! Oh well. Can't expect to go bush wacking and stand still to log my visit and not get some bites!

Looking forward to my day off so we can try some cache's that aren't in our neighbourhood!

Hey all. Received a Magellan Triton 400...

My condolences.* I mean, welcome to the addiction!

*Kidding. I still have my "Maggie".

Welcome to the tribe of Megellanites. You are in the minority, but after GW8 your minority may grow a little. They have a new unit that competes with the geomate jr. that I feel the need to own.

I, a former Megellanite turned Garminarian, have a word of advice for you..... When caching with a group, just turn your unit off and follow the Garminarians. You'll have more fun that way and save on battery life. ;):huh::laughing:

Only complaint was the mosquitoes! I got mauled! Oh well. Can't expect to go bush wacking and stand still to log my visit and not get some bites!

Notice my sig line. I made it up as a joke, but it has turned out to be more true than I would have liked. :laughing:

But it hasn't stopped me from cachin'. :huh:

840f47bd-f595-4214-b367-8fc1800f155b.jpg

Only complaint was the mosquitoes! I got mauled! Oh well. Can't expect to go bush wacking and stand still to log my visit and not get some bites!

Notice my sig line. I made it up as a joke, but it has turned out to be more true than I would have liked. :laughing:

But it hasn't stopped me from cachin'. :huh:

840f47bd-f595-4214-b367-8fc1800f155b.jpg

Do you actually have squished pennies with that slogan on them? I would love to trade you my sig item for one or two of those...

Oh I'm definitely hooked. I've been wanting to get into caching for a long time but just never seemed to have the $$ to pick up a GPS. We got our first dog (Sprocket) about a year ago and she is an Alaskan Husky/Golden Retriever mix and she is pretty high energy. I try and take her walking every day but find sometimes I get bored. So far I find the geocaching to be a great way to keep me interested too and it seems to be extending our walks! Sprocket is definitely loving the caching! She gets to go into the woods and parks and I usually let her off leash while I'm there and she just loves to run back and forth and explore while I find and log the cache.

As for choosing the Magellan, so far I am very pleased. Being new to GPS, I asked a good friend who is an avid cacher who also does a lot of back country paddle and camping trips for advise. He uses his GPS almost daily. He has had 2 Magellans so far (currently using the Triton 400) and has had nothing but good things to say. I know that there are more advanced GPS out there, but for the price the 400 seems to be more than enough for me.

Cheers.

Just headed out this AM before work and found our second cache! Nice and close to home made it an easy trip to do before work. Only complaint was the mosquitoes! I got mauled! Oh well. Can't expect to go bush wacking and stand still to log my visit and not get some bites!

Looking forward to my day off so we can try some cache's that aren't in our neighbourhood!

Buy some DEET.