I'm not quitting geocaching,,,,,,,,

NOV8TR

After being entertained for the last 3 days reading a recent thread involving a failed Geocide, I just could not keep myself from posting this. I am not a troll (yet), and I rarely post for social purposes (this may be my first!). However, that thread got 266 replies, was viewed 5,758 times the last time I checked, and it only survived for 3 days! Amazing! I wish people had as much interest in, and devoted as much thought to voting for their government representatives! What a better country (read “world” for those of you can’t vote for one reason or another) we could have by exercising the same sort of banter over topics that really matter, rather than over a silly game that has almost no rules, and only “volunteer cops” to enforce them! Ok, enough of all that “grownup” kind of talk, and on to something to incite passionate replies and thought provoking pontification by many persons far more insightful and witty than myself.

I AM NOT QUITING GEOCACHING !!!!!

1. I like playing a game that I can play however, and whenever I want.

2. I don’t mind urban nanos. On some days, a P&G power trail is as comforting as a “saw nobody all day long” hike for a single smiley.

3. I like doing something that has little to no impact on anyone other than me.

4. I am grateful there is an organization out there that makes this all possible (I will gladly continue to cough up the $30 p/year fee).

5. I am encouraged that there are still enough people out there willing to volunteer their time to keep this thing going. (Thank you all very much!)

And if that isn't enough, I think the world ain’t such a bad place after all!

So,,,, come on,,, somebody just try and make me want to quit! I’m serious! If you don’t, I might just go out and plant an ammo can full of McToys in the bushes! :)

Edit for typo

Edited by NOV8TR

So,,,, come on,,, somebody just try and make me want to quit! I’m serious! If you don’t, I might just go out and plant an ammo can full of McToys in the bushes! :)

Pinehurst is about to post BUG 16 MAGOR :)

:)

You're seriously going to place an ammo can in the name of this game that is intended to get people up off their couches and out in the woods, and fill it with plastic trinkets from the icon of American Obesity? :)

Really?!?!?! ;)

Maybe you should quit. :)

:P

You said to try. . . . :D

Oh, Dear. There is hope for ashnikes yet. Just don't start that why thing.

Why?????

Because then he would look like a sponge. He looks much better as the black faced, torn jean guitar playing, ah, well, hmm, kid? Besides, what did you do with GOF & Bacall?

Oh, Dear. There is hope for ashnikes yet. Just don't start that why thing.

Why?????

Because then he would look like a sponge. He looks much better as the black faced, torn jean guitar playing, ah, well, hmm, kid? Besides, what did you do with GOF & Bacall?

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, Dorothy.

Remember, you don't know me.