new cache

rizzler

Hello Guys.

Im going to start of this topic with one image.

thumb_49fc2e8f.jpg

What would you do if you came to a location and all you could find was this item? would you think the cache was destroyed cause there is no log ??

do read on if you cant se anyting wrong here.

Last week i was at a convetion and me and my friend who love geocaching wanted to place our on cache. at the convention they where giving out these pens, what made them so speciall was the way you could turn them into a smart geocache.

thumb_1577686a.jpgthumb_c5fff849.jpgthumb_79d11a12.jpg

This is a regular pen. where the paper is was erlier commercial for the company who made the pens. i removed that paper and replaced it with a blank sheet. If you let go of it the paper will roll back into the pen by it's own. This one will soon be placed somewhere in the world, and now my fellow cachers i wanted to hear, what do you think of this invention? =)

Edited by rizzler

Hello Guys.

thumb_49fc2e8f.jpg

What would you do if you came to a location and all you could find was this item? would you think the cache was destroyed cause there is no log ??

Last week i was at a convetion and me and my friend who love geocaching wanted to place our on cache. at the convention they where giving out these pens, what made them so speciall was the way you could turn them into a smart geocache.

This is a regular pen. where the paper is was erlier commercial for the company who made the pens. i removed that paper and replaced it with a blank sheet. If you let go of it the paper will roll back into the pen by it's own. This one will soon be placed somewhere in the world, and now my fellow cachers i wanted to hear, what do you think of this invention? =)

I doubt that is water proof. Most pens are not. Sorry for the duplicate post above.

I've found caches like that. I made a pen cache before I found one too. (I never placed it.) Eventually it will get taken or tossed. I love the outside the box thinking!

I doubt that is water proof. Most pens are not. Sorry for the duplicate post above.

It doesn't need to be.

I've found caches like that. I made a pen cache before I found one too. (I never placed it.) Eventually it will get taken or tossed. I love the outside the box thinking!

It doesn't need to be.

Whys that? It will get wet if not.

I've found caches like that. I made a pen cache before I found one too. (I never placed it.)
Ditto. I've only found one, but before I found it, I had the idea and worked up a prototype, but never placed it. This is the type of pen that I used, though... you couldn't see the log:

1011973070.jpg

The cache that I found that used that same concept did eventually have the container removed by someone thinking they were cleaning up after a muggle-job.

Hello Guys.

thumb_49fc2e8f.jpg

It's a cool idea but the company I work for uses those pens with the retractable paper in them (some have hockey schedules, company info etc.. printed on the paper / nylon).

The retracting mechanism tends to break fairy easily and quickly.

It doesn't need to be.

Whys that? It will get wet if not.

That is likely. All caches need not be waterproof.

I would like to see a video of someone trying to sign the log in the pen with the pen. It would be like a small child trying to put their arm into their sleeve, and they keep going around in circles chasing their sleeve.

:grin:

Hello Guys.

thumb_49fc2e8f.jpg

it'd go missing pretty fast. heck most of my caches i included a writing implement, the writing implement has gone missing.