Spring Fling 2010

DavetecsGirl

Even with all the rain, the spirits of all the cachers were not dampened. The orange shirts aka Cog committee and volunteers made the EVENT an amazing one with , some great new caches, some games, seminars, a bbq, and awesome amazing prizes.

Thank you COG for making Spring Fling 6 Canadas Mega an amazing event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks everyone!! Glad that we campers didn't get swept off in a flash flood (though the thought had struck me during the lightning storms at 3am). What would spring experience be without camping in the rain?

Thanks to everyone who braved the rain! Saw atleast 3 or 4 times the amount of smiles at the event then I am seeing in the logs!

Thanks everyone!! Glad that we campers didn't get swept off in a flash flood (though the thought had struck me during the lightning storms at 3am). What would spring experience be without camping in the rain?

Thanks to everyone who braved the rain! Saw atleast 3 or 4 times the amount of smiles at the event then I am seeing in the logs!

I dare say, I had the most fun ever at SF6. Already looking forward to SF7, I might actually camp at that one

I had a fantastic time (again)! I figure I must have had fun, I haven't seen a pair of jeans as dirty as what's hanging up drying since my boykids were pre-teen... ;) My hiking boots might be dry in a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure what thunder and lightening y'all are talking about...did it rain Friday night...must've slept right through it. I bet I was dreaming about finding all those caches out there.

One of the parks maintenance staff came over to our 'trailer park' Sunday and told us that they just added another 50+ acres of park that will be ready for us to add caches to next year. They are not planning any trails, he figures he'll just let us cut new geo-trails and save them some work. Lovely....new areas for me to bushwhack through.... :D He was also impressed AGAIN by how clean we leave the park.

How soon can we start signing up for next year!! ;)

Thanks again for the fantastic job y'all do of organizing and managing the event.

Our first event, our first campig trip as a family, our first experience with dogs and diaherrea in a tent, our 50th cache. The rain and the poops (doggie poops on camping clothes..oh yes what fun) could not keep the smiles off our faces for long. We will be back next year, and will do something about Max's barking habit in the meantime (sorry to the campers who had to listen) met some really really nice people and had a marvelous time. Those orange shirts rock.

this was our first MEGA event and we also managed the 8 icons in one day ;) , and what can i say, the organizers did an amazing job, we will certainly be back next year

thank you COG for an amazing day!!!!

may i suggest some dry clothes and shoes as prizes for next year, just in case it rains again? :D

I had a great time creating awesome memories. One point someone looked at me and commented I was soaked...was I? I never felt bothered by the rain and caching in it, I was having to good a time. The orange shirts know how to make a mega event rock :) Thanks to those who attended the after event too. See you all next year.

Dear COG'rs,

We have 'attended' may Spring Flings in spirit but to be there in person this year and be part of the collective energy was incredible. The 'after party' was quite the event too and then the caching itch took over and off we went into the night!

Thank you for inviting us and allowing us to display our wares and especially thank you to everyone who stopped us on the trail or came by our booth to introduce themselves (and their geo-pooch).

The orange shirts rock! Your local reviewers rock! We loved the tour on Sunday (thanks RCA) :laughing: .

Scratches to Timber - you are one cute pup! :)

Did you start a thread somewhere for your small surplus of COG shaped event coins? I'm sure they won't last long and I have a few requests in my inbox for them. Word make it to Australia it seems!

Chris n' Helen

I had a great time creating awesome memories. One point someone looked at me and commented I was soaked...was I? I never felt bothered by the rain and caching in it, I was having to good a time. The orange shirts know how to make a mega event rock :laughing: Thanks to those who attended the after event too. See you all next year.

Yes you were, we all were... and we were all smiling from the fun we were having :)

Great time, great burgers, great caches, great people, great facility, and great organization!

:laughing: BQ

We had a great time at the event.

This was our first maga event, and the first camp out for Cohen, our young geocacher.

Even with the rain, Cohen stayed reasonably dry in the backpack carrier, and even managed to catch a nap during the GSAK seminar (there is a photo of him napping in the GC event page photo gallary).

We will be at the next event for sure. Thank you COG for the great event.