"Official" member

Being a premium member is nothing official at all. In fact, depending on what we're talking about, even being a reviewer is not official.

*** edited to add the following disclaimer: I am not saying anything negative about reviewers. Most of the reviewers that post on these forums have, from time to time, confirmed that their opinion should not be taken as official word from TPTB. But on issues concerning their volunteer duties, you can consider them official.

Edited by GeoBain

If you are not an official member without premium status does that mean that any cache you place is not an official geocache? In which case, someone should be selling "unofficial geocache" stickers.

But I will gladly compare my credentials to be unofficial with anyone's. I definitely am as unofficial as anyone on this forum.

If you are not an official member without premium status does that mean that any cache you place is not an official geocache? In which case, someone should be selling "unofficial geocache" stickers.

But I will gladly compare my credentials to be unofficial with anyone's. I definitely am as unofficial as anyone on this forum.

Mind if I run with that?

Sounds like he is just trying to make him self seem better then you. I'd be willing to bet you have more finds then him.

If ya really want to shut him up, just dish out 30 clams and get your self a Premium membership. Then whats he have to say?

I think its worth it to get the pocket queries. Plus you are supporting geocaching.

IMO, the second you sign up for an account on geocaching.com you are an official member.

Your buddy isn't so smart by confusing "premium" with "Official". Nothing about purchasing a "premium" membership says anything about "official" member.

Edited by mchaos

There is no "official" anything in this world.

I tried convincing a traffic court judge of that, once.

She wasn't amused, and I won't be using that argument anymore. :rolleyes:

Pete

Actually there are no official geocachers. Geocaching is a rougue underground secret activity in which TROTW "The Rest Of The World" are all labeled as muggles. Once it becomes "official", it will start to die a slow death. ;)

"Official Member" :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the farmer sitting on his porch, cooling off after a long day.

Up drives a car and a city-looking fellow steps out, introduces himself as being from the state Farm Bureau. Says he's learned that the farmer is selling milk down at the local market and he's here to inspect the farm.

The farmer says fine, but it's late, it's been a long hot day, come back tomorrow.

The Bureau man whips out his card and says "This card identifies me as an official of the Farm Bureau. This card authorizes me to inspect your farm. This card says I can inspect any farm that sells to the public. This card", he says, "means I can inspect whenever I want to!"

The farmer says "Well, if that's what that card says, I reckon you better have at it."

The Bureau man sets to inspecting and the farmer has a sip of lemonade and waits on the porch.

In a little while the farmer hears a commotion and sees the Bureau man running through his pasture, followed closely by the farmer's prize bull.

The Bureau man is hollering "Hoo Lawd, Help! Call of that bull! Call off that dadgum bull!"

And the farmer hollers back "Show him that card! Show him that dadgum card!"

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Is that official?