Putting 1000 logs on GSAK

When I used to just have 500 caches from a PQ I simply opened the file, right clicked and added to GSAK and it asked if I wanted to update, said yes and that was it. How can I load a 1000 caches though as the format is different and I cannot seem to get it into GSAK. Updates are not a problem as they of course are less than 500 so come into my e-mails in the old format. Its just loading a 1000 ???? Any assistance most appreciated. :)<_<

Click on the link and download to your PC in whatever folder you want.

In GSAK Open, select folder and point it where you saved the DL earlier.

If you have more than one PQ DL them all first before doing the GSAK bit.

I hope that GSAK will develop some working relationship with GC to agree a way of downloading these via GSAK but we'll have to wait a while for that.

Does not work like that: In my In box I have:

noreply@geocaching.com [GEO]Pocket query: List 1 So i open that and get:

Your pocket Query titled "List 1" has been generated.................view and download completed PQ's at http??www etc.

If I open that it simply takes me to my list of PQs. What am i supposed to do then? :)<_<

What does GSAK do? or rather what can you do with it?

http://www.gsak.net/index.php

GSAK is the all in one Geocaching and waypoint management tool. Major features include: Multiple databases, sending/receiving waypoints to GPSr, Google maps, conversion to many mapping formats, PDA output (including CacheMate support), HTML output, extensive searching, macro support, backup and restore, distance/direction from other waypoints (including caches, locations, post codes) and much more. GSAK only runs on Windows operating systems (98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7)

Does not work like that: In my In box I have:

noreply@geocaching.com [GEO]Pocket query: List 1 So i open that and get:

Your pocket Query titled "List 1" has been generated.................view and download completed PQ's at http??www etc.

If I open that it simply takes me to my list of PQs. What am i supposed to do then? :)<_<

you click on "pocket queries ready to download", look for the PQ in the list and download it there.

GSAK is the all in one Geocaching and waypoint management tool. Major features include: Multiple databases, sending/receiving waypoints to GPSr, Google maps, conversion to many mapping formats, PDA output (including CacheMate support), HTML output, extensive searching, macro support, backup and restore, distance/direction from other waypoints (including caches, locations, post codes) and much more. GSAK only runs on Windows operating systems (98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7)

Ive read that and looked at the site and im still none the wiser about what you ACTUALLY do/can do with it.

Ive read that and looked at the site and im still none the wiser about what you ACTUALLY do/can do with it.

it will download your pq's and its a waypoint management tool and allows you to build a offline database of caches

you will see stats on a lot of peoples profile pages that are generated by a macro added to gask

it will allow you to select the caches you want to send to your gps

it will build a cachemate database via the use of another macro

export to numerous formats like for a ipod, html listings, tomtom

it will download your pq's and its a waypoint management tool and allows you to build a offline database of caches

you will see stats on a lot of peoples profile pages that are generated by a macro added to gask

You mean the sort of thing that GS could of done in the past 10 years with your Membership fees.

What exactly HAVE the Romans done for us. :)

You mean the sort of thing that GS could of done in the past 10 years with your Membership fees.

What exactly HAVE the Romans done for us. :)

I'm not normally one to defend GC.com, but to be fair, I'm not sure they could replicate GSAK and all its functionality. A completely customisable export direct to any GPS type device you can think off is probably asking a bit much! :)