Nemesis Caches

MY personal nemesis gets found regularly by uhm, almost 'everyone' i think. People with 4 finds, 50 finds, 400 finds, they all find it, but not me. Nooo, noooooooo, not me.....

I take it that's how it works for most people, so I doubt making a list is useful.

/makes mental note to go for DNF #4 soon.

Edited by Ryuchan

MY personal nemesis gets found regularly by uhm, almost 'everyone' i think. People with 4 finds, 50 finds, 400 finds, they all find it, but not me. Nooo, noooooooo, not me.....

I take it that's how it works for most people, so I doubt making a list is useful.

Oooh, which one is that...?

Is it really so bad to get in touch with the "Cacher" (one who placed the Cache) or the successful "Cachee's" that have found it and ask for a bit more of a clue?

Is that just not cricket?

Guess it's not in the spirit and ultimately spoils the 'hunt'.

If folk publish lists of their Nemesis Caches, it'll just result in others ROLF saying "ner-ner-na-ner-ner...I found it!"

One of my own caches.

Saw someone DNF it, went to check it out, couldn't find it either so assumed it had gone missing, temp disabled and provided a replacement. So far, so good.

Except that the next people to find it found both the original *and* the replacement. So I went to look for the original . . . and couldn't find it.

I've now made five or six attempts and *still* can't find it!

Is it really so bad to get in touch with the "Cacher" (one who placed the Cache) or the successful "Cachee's" that have found it and ask for a bit more of a clue?

Is that just not cricket?

It's fine to ask for an extra clue, but most cache owners seem to prefer that you ask them, rather than previous finders. If it's a very new cache or a particularly difficult one they may not wish to give any extra clues during the first few weeks of its life.

If folk publish lists of their Nemesis Caches, it'll just result in others ROLF saying "ner-ner-na-ner-ner...I found it!"

Oh, come on, let them have their fun! :anicute:

I don't think we've had a true Nemesis cache yet, although one in Dublin took me four visits in total.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

clicky

I swear I get some kind of personal 'stooooopid' filter applied when I get within 50ft, note the difficulty :anicute:

One of my own caches.

Saw someone DNF it, went to check it out, couldn't find it either so assumed it had gone missing, temp disabled and provided a replacement. So far, so good.

Except that the next people to find it found both the original *and* the replacement. So I went to look for the original . . . and couldn't find it.

I've now made five or six attempts and *still* can't find it!

Me too, its not just you.

The trouble is we think we have hidden it well but another cacher hides it even better!

...the next people to find it found both the original *and* the replacement. So I went to look for the original . . . and couldn't find it.

ROFL! Never thought of this happening! This GCing just gets better and better!

It's fine to ask for an extra clue, but most cache owners seem to prefer that you ask them...

Roger that. Made a mental note.

Ugh. My nemesis cache was a boring 1/1 that everybody posted logs on like, "this was my first cache and I walked right up to it!" I found it eventually. It was absolutely nothing special; a box under a rock.

Rocks. I'm awful with rocks. Rocks never look out of place in a pile of rocks.

Mine was GCTAC1

Tried many times to find it, never managed. Everyone else who tried said it was easy.

Sad thing is... it was my cache :$

GCJNW2 Austin Power #1 has to yours Ian. You DNFd it three times before some kind soul waited for your 4th visit and showed you where it was.

Although "borrowed" from our friends overseas this cache was the ground breaker for sneaky caches in the UK.

Has to be this one for us .GC1FMHC Swanage Station .

4 D.N.F. for us while other cachers were logging found easily easy and simliar.

We haven't done a 5th attempt because since our 4th there has been a string of other cachers logging D.N.F.

clicky

I swear I get some kind of personal 'stooooopid' filter applied when I get within 50ft, note the difficulty :anicute:

I have added this one to the list

Well the comments are as expected. This is not totally a serious list but maybe a list you can find some caches that will challenge you or you can be the 'nah nah nah nah nah' for those that cant find them. But I would love to find some challenging caches when I am on holiday and not just go for the numbers. So thank you for adding your nemesis caches and the more the better

Karl - Penwith Pirates

I found a cache in central Pennsylvania on what I think was my 8th attempt over three holidays to the same area. When I finally did find it I logged a suitably jubilant log.

I subsequently got an email through the site from a chap who lived about 5 miles from the cache and whose children were disillusioned at the thought of looking for it a third time, so he got to tell them about the guy from England who hunted for it 8 times and then found it!