I have to buy another GPS.

Oh my gosh. Another Garmin has gone missing from my household. Almost three years ago I started off with a Garmin Legend (black and white). I had it only a few months when my wife sold it at a garage sale by accident for about $5.00. Then, I got a Garmin Legend Hcx which was stolen only a few months later from my Jeep at the local college. So, I replaced that one with a Garmin Oregon 200. Then, I bought my wife a Garmin Dakota 10 and she lost it while going on a walk. She did cry when she lost it. So, I decided to buy a Garmin Oregon 300 and gave her my Garmin Oregon 200. That was about three months ago. Last week, I parked my Jeep with my Oregon 300 in the driveway for 25 minutes and someone jacked it. Jeez! I don't even want to add up how much all of the units cost. But, I don't care, I've worked steadily the last month so I am officially in the market for another GPS. I think I'll try a Garmin Oregon 450 this time.

Garmin Legend $29, Garmin Legend Hcx $159, Garmin Dakota 10 $200, Garmin Oregon 300 $285, and a Garmin Oregon 450 will set me back $350...I better order it before my wife gets home! Who said that geocaching is a cheap sport????????

If I were you, I would store my GPS on the collar of a rottweiler!!!

Yes sure, I can read the Headline "Dog ran away with my brand new GPSr". ;)

If you get a new GPSr e.g. an Oregon 450 please put it on a leash and never left it alone back in your car. Even GPSrs have legs to run away. :unsure:

you need a VOMP

What's a VOMP?

Well, the wife just approved the purchase of the new 450. The bad thing is that I have to start a diet in order to buy it. Luckily, I like the flavor of most SlimFast shakes.

I'm half inclined to believe that you're losing your GPSr deliberately in order to upgrade :unsure: Well, it's great how things turned out. Though I know you must feel terrible about having your car broken into.

I don't know what's a VOMP is either. Googling showed some rather interesting results. Like "Creating Personal Peace for lasting world peace" and "Trion VOMP 600 Vertical Oil Mist Precipitator". And there's that place in Austria, and something called "vomp carrot" in Final Fantasy.

Edited by Chrysalides