No Love for FTF

Me and My Peeps

It think there should be a box above all of the other logs saying who the first to find was.

Some cache owners place a note into the cache description. It's extra work, so any such announcement is generally left to the cachers. "FTF" is not an officially recognized status.

Edited by kunarion

That's true, there is no notification. Probably because it is not "officially" recognized by geocaching.com.

It is merely something concocted as a "♫ I'm better than you...♪" game by cachers.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun getting the be the first to find, but that is all.

If you are the person that signs a virgin logbook, you know it, nothing else matters. <_<

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

But you can still celebrate by buying a FTF Geocoin, car window sticker, and T-shirt. And have a little party with family & friends. But be aware, the only time you may be allowed to celebrate this way is after your first FTF. :P So make it count.

Actually, any cacher scoring their first FTF and rightfully claiming it should host an event cache celebrating the event.

The host should really act like the host and pay everyone's tab.

Then everyone who cares will know you got the FTF and that you REALLY deserved it.

Otherwise it's just some ink on a piece of paper.

I was thinking that you don;t get any notification that you were first to find, so anyone could say they were first to find. It think there should be a box above all of the other logs saying who the first to find was.

Aside from Groundspeak not officially recognizing such "contests" and the effort needing to go elsewhere...

Your notification is the blank logbook when you find a brand-new cache first. The website can only know that you were first to log online which is not even remotely close to the true FTF. Some people don't log their finds until days or even weeks later.