How long does it take a cache to be archived?

A cache in my area was first reported as needing to be archived in early November. How long does it usually take Groundspeak to take these down? Is there some channel of reporting this other than logging it as SBA?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Here it is GCN1K7

Edited by kmartcachier

Just because it has an 'Needs Archived' log - that does not mean that it will be archived. Just that a reviewer will take a look at it.

NA logs have been placed on about 5 of my caches over the year's. All of them are still up and running. Some were legit complaints. Others were frivilous comments. All were looked into and I provided an appropriate response - not that it is always documented on the listing page.

Construction has been completed for some time now. Is there a way to contact a reviewer?

i was going to suggest to look at the published log and contact the reviewer, but that log is gone

Sometimes things get lost in the mail. There are a lot of links between the time when you click on "Needs Archived" and the reviewer's in basket.

Give it 3-4 weeks. If it's really in need of attention, send another NA log.

why are CO allowed to delete the published logs?

makes it hard to track down a reviewer

If I'm not mistaken reviewers are regional. Just grab the published log from a more recent hide nearby. A SBA does not necessarailly result in a NA. Its quite possible that there has been discussions behind the scenes between the reveiewer and the CO. When in doubt I usually trust the reviewer to do the right thing. They don't volunteer to make themselves popular.

Published logs did not exist when this cache was published.

that i didn't know, but i do know that there are many that delete the "published" log, for whatever weird reason

i wish they were not allowed to do so, its part of the cache history

Looking at my old ones from 01, 02 I can see who published them. They are not notes but in the lines below Current time, Last Updated, Last Found at the bottom of the cache page. Here is one from Nov 5 2001 and yes, that is the man who published it.

9258a6e7-14dd-478f-80de-257ad59695b7.jpg

For some reason this one doesnt.

Looks like your reviewer is out of commission, maybe no longer a member so noone gets that note. Out here I posted a SBA and it was disabled by Krypton that day with a note that it would be archived in two weeks.

Maybe a personal note to teh reviewer who published it. That can be found by viewing all logs and looking down for the first one.