Any way of displaying hints when I first open cache page ?

Might be worth looking to see if there's a Greasemonkey script to do it (only if you're using Firefox though)

There is a Grease Monkey script that gives an instant decrypt without the need to reload the page or scroll down to the hint. It's called GC Quick Hint. Have a look at Graculus' Resources thread pinned at the top of this forum

I am not a premium member [yet] but wonder if there is an easy way of opening up a cache page with hints decrypted ?

Visiting Bath on Sat and have limited time to sort out my caching day - having to open cache pages twice is a real pain.

And yes , I will always use the hints as a first resort !!

Help appreciated

ta

:blink::blink:

Nice to know we're not the only ones to use hints as a first resort ! :shocked:

Well I installed the add-on, now I can't decrypt the hints at all! :blink:

I just noticed this on the download page:

NOTICE: As you may know, the January site changes at Geocaching.com broke most of the scripts.

That might explain it!

I am using version 1.2 dated 22-1-2010 and it works fine having been fixed after Gspeak broke it

I am not a premium member [yet] but wonder if there is an easy way of opening up a cache page with hints decrypted ?

Visiting Bath on Sat and have limited time to sort out my caching day - having to open cache pages twice is a real pain.

And yes , I will always use the hints as a first resort !!

Help appreciated

ta

:shocked::blink:

If you haven't visited Bath before, do MASONIC BATHING? (BATH SPA) (GC15JV9) - that's a great introduction to the city, and a pretty cool final hide! Also, see if you can get up into the woods at the eastern end of the city (The Skyline Trail) for great views and other caches!

Just to add. Someone has kindly pointed out that the Xinha HTML editor add-on for Firefox no longer works with Firefox 3.6! There is a new version but it doesn't appear at the moment in the normal Firefox add-on search feature. You can however download it easily from the developers website. So I've added the details to my resource website page for Firefox scripts.

I've also updated this scripts page after the geocaching.com site update last month that broke several of them.

Chris (MrB)

Resource website for UK and Ireland geocachers www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk