Script Not Working

Gralorn

Question: Are you using any other Firefox scripts? If so are they working or not?

If the forum one is the only one you are using check the bottom right corner of your screen (above the time) and see if there is a smiling monkey there. If he is 'greyed out' then Greasemonkey isn't running. Just click on it.

If you are using several scripts it sometimes helps to 're-order' them. Click on Tools - Greasemonkey - Manage User scripts and move it up the list.

Chris (MrB)

This happened to me before. Apparantly there is a limit of the number of threads you can ignore and IIRC it's approx 100. Once you reach that limit it plays up for a while and then goes ok again.

Another option could be to close down all your windows, close FF and do a manual restart of your PC. I find that when FF crashes the it can mess up that script and others.

Tried all that but Ignore is still not functioning, there was a Firefox update a few days back to Beta if I remember correctly, maybe that has had something to do with it, be surprised though as it does not affect all the other scripts.................. So 'What's Occurrin'? :laughing::laughing::):D

I had the same problem too. It looked like it was working because clicking on the cross would remove the topic from view but a later restart of Firefox would re-show the ignored topic. After a bit of debugging I changed the script so it now works for me with XP and Firefox 3.5.6 running Greasemonkey 0.8.20091209.4.

I mentioned the problem to LordElph a few days ago so he could incorporate the change into his official version. In the meantime if you want to try my version click here.

I had the same problem too. It looked like it was working because clicking on the cross would remove the topic from view but a later restart of Firefox would re-show the ignored topic. After a bit of debugging I changed the script so it now works for me with XP and Firefox 3.5.6 running Greasemonkey 0.8.20091209.4.

I mentioned the problem to LordElph a few days ago so he could incorporate the change into his official version. In the meantime if you want to try my version click here.

Whoohoo. My hero. It works. Was getting concerned that I wouldn't be able to get rid of ........

Whoohoo. My hero. It works. Was getting concerned that I wouldn't be able to get rid of ........

Brilliant, it now works with me too :D