Multi-caches

Not that I know of. If it is listed as one cache with multiple steps, it still only counts as one cache when logging, no matter how many multi-steps there may be.

Theoretically there should be only one place to sign a log in a multi, therefore only one smiley.

Boy, there are a lot of posters today wanting to give or receive extra smilies. :)

I guess the answer is you can do it, but it's extremely rare to see anyone that does. Look at all the multi caches in your area. Is anyone else doing it? Probably not. And then if you try it, and no one else is doing it, the owner may decide to delete your log.

In my entire life I've seen one Multi-cache in Minnesota or Wisconsin or something where the owner "offered" a find for each stage in the cache description. But I see you're not American. I can't speak for the UK.

Not that I know of. If it is listed as one cache with multiple steps, it still only counts as one cache when logging, no matter how many multi-steps there may be.

Theoretically there should be only one place to sign a log in a multi, therefore only one smiley.

Boy, there are a lot of posters today wanting to give or receive extra smilies. :)

I guess the answer is you can do it, but it's extremely rare to see anyone that does. Look at all the multi caches in your area. Is anyone else doing it? Probably not. And then if you try it, and no one else is doing it, the owner may decide to delete your log.

In my entire life I've seen one Multi-cache in Minnesota or Wisconsin or something where the owner "offered" a find for each stage in the cache description. But I see you're not American. I can't speak for the UK.

The answer's the same in the UK as the US. One cache = one smiley.

Stages aren't caches.

Can you? Yes.

Should you? IMO, no. I don't even if the owner let's me.

What he said.

I spent 5+ hours last Saturday doing a %# stage multi with a great group of geopals old and new.

While we were elated when we finally found a container that had a log in it, the journey was the experience we will all remember; not the smiley.

Quick response to the tangential question asked-I recall a huge possibly 100 stage multi in Austin TX discussed in here a while back. Perhaps someone with a better memory or search skills will link to it?

Edited by wimseyguy

If each stage has a log in it yes you can. But mostly is up to the owner of the cache.

A stage having a log has nothing to do with logging a single GC#### more than once. A multi cache is still just one GC#### so it should only be logged once, regardless of how many stages there are or how many stages have logs.