Wife has taken possesion of GPS

Greysquirrel34

Took my wife with me yesterday, my second day out, and at out firs stop I told her to look in one area an I would look in another, a few minutes later she found the casch and was very excited about it.

On our second stop I had to give her the GPS as the terrain was hard for me to navigate, this is where I think I lost control, she searched and found the hide getting her hooked I think. When we got to our third stop, she grabbed the GPS and printed info and was on the trail before I even got out of the car.Same thing happend at the last stop. We went home and had dinner and she said we still had time to look for more, as we were ready to leave she picked up the GPS and info and away we went. What really got me was we were in a parking lot and she told me where to go and in the car had me park right in front of the hide area and found it before I got out of the car. Is she lucky or good, I don't know but I was told to print out more geocache's so we can look after dinner as this week is the only week left that it will be light after dinner.

I think I have created a geocache junkie.

Did pretty good for our second day, 5 for 7 mostly due to my wifes new found skills.

Been there.....done that! :mad:

My geowife and I started out with the same user name so then I divorced her (only in geo terms) early when she gave me my own GPS on my birthday. After that I started caching under my username.

Because of our hobbies and work schedules we sometimes would not cache together so having different names made sense. Somethimes she will cache with her girlfriends while I'm playing with the mancachers flying our RC airplanes. It also makes going for a FTF kinda fun ;)

Geck

;) Just wait. She'll be going without you......

That will never happen, she doesn't do anything without me if we are both home except going to her mothers and I don't go near that house.

But thats ok because she works and I'm retired and have nothing to do all day and all day to do it in, but I cant understand why I never have time to do all the nothing things I have to do all day. :mad:

;) Just wait. She'll be going without you......

That will never happen, she doesn't do anything without me if we are both home except going to her mothers and I don't go near that house.

But thats ok because she works and I'm retired and have nothing to do all day and all day to do it in, but I cant understand why I never have time to do all the nothing things I have to do all day. :blink:

Grey, I'm retired too.

Wife:"What're doin' 'ol man?"

ME:"Nuthin'."

Wife:"Ya did that yesterday."

Me:"Wasn't done 'yit." :mad:

Well as you can see from my (our) username where I an coming from. I heard about geocaching and told her about it knowing that she would like the puzzle solving aspect. We have found all of our caches together except for 2. She found those on a business trip while she was showing a friend about geocaching. Although she did call me from each cache.

OK I think we are starting to sound a little bit weird now.... :(

I've hunted with MrTatooed (aka "Hubby"), with my son and his friend, with the neighbor girls...I'm the only common thread in all the finds. :) I've found a system that works...a) I don't tell him about some of the more "entertaining" caches I find without him :( , and :anicute: I save the ones that drive him nuts for the times when we hunt together...that way he feels like he's part of the team. :)

Well as you can see from my (our) username where I an coming from. I heard about geocaching and told her about it knowing that she would like the puzzle solving aspect. We have found all of our caches together except for 2. She found those on a business trip while she was showing a friend about geocaching. Although she did call me from each cache.

OK I think we are starting to sound a little bit weird now.... :(

I agree with you, we've been together 31yrs. and have never competed against each other we have always worked together, whether building a sailboat, remodeling our house, landscaping and even detailing our cars.

So geocaching together won't cause any problems as long as we find the cache. She loves doing puzzels on any type and she love to figure out where things are hid.

Not quite my experience (I'm single), but similar.

When my aunt moved to the same town I live in, I would take her and her sister (my mother) caching with me. I was the one in control of the GPSr and did most of the finding.

My aunt has become more obsessed about caching over time. Now she has her own GPSr (my old eXplorist 100) and goes out caching on her own.

Everytime we go caching together, she is the one with the printouts and looking to see where the next cache is. She is the one pushing for "just one more" at the end of the day.

However, to even things up, her geosensing skills are not yet well formed, so I am able to hunt for caches and usually find them first. Then I back away and let her find the cache. That way we are both finders of the same cache.

Works for me.

It's become a competition now...don't let her outcache you!

Yeah, but based on what her husband has said, she must be some sort of "Geocache Bloodhound" with a nose that can sniff one out from over a mile away. His best bet is to lock her in the basement, take a weeks vacation to cache his brains out, and then, he might have a chance. :)

My wife hates geocaching.

My husband isn't the biggest fan either! He goes along & tolerates my new found obsession.... and he's a photographer, so he's usually more concerned with the scenery than the details! I've even tried a group outing with his best friend who does enjoy geocaching!

Since I seem to be allergic to nature... and about the klutziest person EVER (who can say they got a scar while reading a book in a lawn chair?! ME!!!!) he has to go with me! (But, if someone else is willing, he won't turn down their offer to take me instead!)

My wife is not the biggest fan, but she does seem to be good at it. I like the alone time, or time with my son when she does not go. Then again we get a lot of family time when she comes along. If you can handle it, have her drive. Then you can hop out and make the grab. Then when she OK's the new GPSr you only have to decide who uses the new one. Or get two new Colorado units, and sell the old one on e-bay.

Edited by 2beabout

I still fail to see the problem... :D

She LOVES the new hobby, and is good at it...what are you gonna do, childproof lock her door? set up a tripwire so you can win the race? *LOL* Actually...you want to be more of a partner in your couples hunts? Find some caches that are higher T/D rated...Make her WORK for the cache, maybe it'll slow her down enough that you can reason with her (oh, I'm LOL right now!!)...let her know that you've got feelings that are being hurt by her thoughtless behavior....

Worst case scenario, she laughs at you, and you wind up "accidentally" hooking YOUR seatbelt through an article of her clothing so she struggles for 5 minutes while you stroll up and find the container! :(

You're actually very fortunate.

Many people have partners that hate it and won't let them cache.

My boyfriend's ex was like that. He got about 120 finds in 7 years because the most she'd let him do was a cache now and then. she had no patience or tolerance for it.

It seems I'm into it more than him now. He's gotten around 500 caches in the last 8 months with me.

He seems to be in competition. We pretend not to be, but I'd like to catch up with him

(my landmark finds aren't as special when he's just finished them himself ie. he just completed 500 finds, and then a few months later I get 500 finds, it just doesn't have the same excitement)

And he is intent on staying as far ahead of me as he can because he's been caching longer. Sigh. Beats one of us not being into caching.