offline PQ's

Munkeh

The copy for that feature was not updated as it should have been. Here is the text:

Offline Pocket Queries

Offline Pocket Queries allow Premium Members to upload customized .GPX files to the website for later use by the Geocaching iPhone Application and select mobile devices.

This feature allows you to download a customized Pocket Query, alter the data in your preferred third party waypoint manager and upload the altered version to Geocaching.com for later download to your mobile device.

The website will currently accept GPX version 1.0 uploads in either .GPX or .ZIP format.

Premium Members may save up to 10 Offline Pocket Queries, which will remain on the website for a maximum of 7 days. The Offline Pocket Query will display in red when there are 2 days remaining before its removal.

Please Note: .GPX files must be limited to 500 waypoints.

I do not know.

I just saw it today myself and immedietly came here to find out what it is.

I tested it and uploaded a PQ, but then, you can't do anything with it except delete it.

So, no one knows??????????

Read the rest of this thread (particularly the 3rd & 4th entries) and you will find out!!!

No - still don't understand it.

Why not just save your modified PQ straight to your iphone - or other select mobile device?

Or is that something the Earth conquering iphone can't do without having to buy yet another app ?