Giving Help without FEEDBACK

strumble

Too often we get requests for help from fellow members and after spending considerable amounts of our time we get no thanks or FEEDBACK!

I draw a line under my involvement on this website and will watch without posting.

g-o-cashers thank you for all your postings and help.

Too often we get requests for help from fellow members and after spending considerable amounts of our time we get no thanks or FEEDBACK!

I draw a line under my involvement on this website and will watch without posting.

No feedback required, just happy to give of my experiences to those asking! Knowing someone likely made a wiser decision is all I care about!

As a sort of new cacher who's asked for help I'd like to respond. When I do get a reply or two I do try and make sure and log a thank you message for those people. For me the sticky point comes from that point on if more people reply to my inquiry I never quite know what to do. Say for example I say thanks to the first 4 people that reply and then for some reason (bedtime or whatever) and the next day I see 3 new replies and I appreciate that they did reply too, but I notice that my thread is getting a ways down the page. I really would like to thank you folks, but if I do that then it bumps my thread back up to the top and I'm afraid that people will resent that since by it moving back to the top it may push other threads away from the top and maybe they still need the high visability to get replies. So yes I do acknowledge the initial replies for help, but after that I feel like I'm kind of in a catch 22. For whatever it's worth though as long as my threads are on the front page of a forum I do keep checking on them for new inputs and even if I don't publicly acknowledge each one they really are appreciated. Hopefully all that rambling on and on makes sense. Happy caching and to all the people that help out us new folks, thank you!!!! :mad:

Some people buy the most expensive Gps, don't read any manual, get in a lot of GPS trouble or just launch a bunch of questions because they are to lazy to learn and in fact don't even say thank you, after their problems are resolved.

But what the heck, it's a consumer world and we are a part of it.

We didn't thank our teachers on school, did we?

Sometimes I think it's useless, because many same questions, sometimes it's useful because a faulty Beta, so in the end the forum serves it's user and that's nice to know.

If you are unhappy with this, just answer nice postings and leave the stupid ones.

But sometimes it's difficult to keep silent. :mad:

Most web sites frown on thank you messages. Some sites will warn you and then kick you off if you persist in sending thank you only messages. Thousands of people read a message that is intended for ONE person. If you want to thank someone, send them e-mail which will be read by ONE person. I have received thank you e-mails and find they nicer because they are more personal.

Most web sites frown on thank you messages. Some sites will warn you and then kick you off if you persist in sending thank you only messages. Thousands of people read a message that is intended for ONE person. If you want to thank someone, send them e-mail which will be read by ONE person. I have received thank you e-mails and find they nicer because they are more personal.

Hi John E Cache. You know now that I see it in writing that makes perfect sense and I will adopt that method of thanking folks for their help since I really do appreciate the kindness of you folks who take time out of your day to assist me and others. It makes me wonder why I never thought of it before seeing your post. So this will be my last public thank you and it goes out to John E Cache for the education he gave me today. Happy caching!

You know I have some personal insights concerning helping people and getting thanks, and why it should or should not matter, but this quasi-geocide approach for not getting something you expected just makes me want to say - Whatever dude.

Edited by BlueDeuce