Golden Tombstone Game - Geoboo

coreynjoey

We had so much fun last year, we had to do this again! So, here it goes:

GeoBoo will be featuring the Golden Tombstone game this year. It's based on the "Golden Ticket" idea only we're using tombstone... and they're not golden they're gray little cement guys... but they're still going to get you a great prize if you find one and bring it to the GeoBoo.

Here's how this works! Over the next 9 weeks we, the Shop99er Event BooCrew, will be hiding little cement tombstones around the Pacific Northwest. The tombstones are NOT hidden in caches and where they may not be hidden following the rules of normal cache placement. So think inside and outside the box when you search for them.

At regular intervals we will post the coordinates to a tombstone location. Go hunt the tombstone like a regular cache. When you find him TAKE HIM HOME WITH YOU!!! Then, bring him with you to the GeoBoo, show him to one of the hosts and claim your special prize!

Easy as that!

Of course there are a few guidelines for hunting these tombstones. They are:

1) Only one Golden Tombstone per caching family. Doesn't matter if you all have different caching names. If you live under one roof or cache in the same group you are a 'caching family'.

2) No counterfeit tombstones will be accepted. We can identify each tombstone we have hidden by special markings.

3) When you find a tombstone you need to post on the thread that you have found it so that others will know that it's been claimed.

4) You MUST be present at the GeoBoo to claim your prize.

Can you tell me a little more about geoboo itself? I'm a new cacher and wouldn't mind coming out, but I have no idea what to expect. Also, where will the coordinates be posted? Looks like fun!

Hi there!!!!

GeoBoo is ALOT of fun! We will have tons of kids activities as well as adult activities. We will even have a haunted house!!! :mad:

This is pretty much a meet and greet halloween party! It is a pot luck, so please bring a dish to share. Costumes are not required, of course.....but there is a costume contest!

Hope you can make it!!!

The coordinates for the tombstones will be posted here and in the cowws.net forums COWWS Forum

Keep on checking as the first one should appear on Monday!!

The event listing for the GeoBoo is HERE.

Please let us know how many kids and adults in your party. This helps us to plan food and prizes.

We're adding a couple of new things this year and of course we'll be having the Eekie Egg Hunt for the kids as well as Pumpkin Pick Prizes.

No jack-o-lantern carving contest? How about carve spam to LOOK like a jack-o-lantern contest? :ph34r:

Please let us know how many kids and adults in your party. This helps us to plan food and prizes.

We're adding a couple of new things this year and of course we'll be having the Eekie Egg Hunt for the kids as well as Pumpkin Pick Prizes.

No jack-o-lantern carving contest? How about carve spam to LOOK like a jack-o-lantern contest? :ph34r:

Don't tempt us. This is how the whole SPAM thing got started for GeoLuau! Just took one little suggestion.....

No jack-o-lantern carving contest? How about carve spam to LOOK like a jack-o-lantern contest? :unsure:

Don't tempt us. This is how the whole SPAM thing got started for GeoLuau! Just took one little suggestion.....

Spam-O-Lanterns! What images that brings forth...

Hmmm... The candle might even cook the spam so the entries could be eaten! ;)

Edit to add: How about a Spam-O-Lantern eating contest? OK, I'll go back to my corner now...

Edited by The Jester

No jack-o-lantern carving contest? How about carve spam to LOOK like a jack-o-lantern contest? :unsure:

Hmmm... The candle might even cook the spam so the entries could be eaten! :lol:

Edit to add: How about a Spam-O-Lantern eating contest? OK, I'll go back to my corner now...

Spam-O-Lanterns - I LIKE it! ;)

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

I think Spam should be a central component of EVERY Shop99er event!

Just sayin..... :D

Hmmm... The candle might even cook the spam so the entries could be eaten! :lol:

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

And I'm just thinkin' that you need to get your fuzzy behind out here and help out with all those SPAM components.

Hmmm... The candle might even cook the spam so the entries could be eaten! :D

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

And I'm just thinkin' that you need to get your fuzzy behind out here and help out with all those SPAM components.

I'd rather come up to drink beer and find some of these tombstones!

There, back on topic. :lol:

I was out caching in Lakewood tonight when I got the notification. Not too terribly far away, so I thought I'd make a go of it. Not a soul in sight when I pulled up and made the grab, a little after the sun had set.

Looking forward to Geoboo this year! I missed last years because I was out of town on business.

P1130272copy.jpg

Edited by Jimjamm

I was out caching in Lakewood tonight when I got the notification. Not too terribly far away, so I thought I'd make a go of it.

Not a soul in sight when I pulled up and made the grab, a little after the sun had set.

I did manage to get a picture, but will post it later tonight when I find my little card reader.

Looking forward to Geoboo this year! I missed last years because I was out of town on business.

Congrats Jimjamm!!!

I want to find one too. Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting all the posts. I'm subscribed to this and I get some of them, but not all of them (mostly the ones where people say they have found one). ;)

Hope you've got lots left.

There will be 20 0f them total. If you put Geoboo on your watch list, we usually post there as well when we've hidden a tombstone ;-)

I want to find one too. Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting all the posts. I'm subscribed to this and I get some of them, but not all of them (mostly the ones where people say they have found one). ;)

Hope you've got lots left.

I have found that when I have a watch on a forum topic and remain signed in to the forum, I will receive the notifications. Should I log off of the forum, which I do sometimes, the notifications do not come through which makes sense if you think about it. So the forum topic watch works a bit differently from the watch you place on a geocache. Hope this made sense and hope it helps.