Logging Multiple Finds

We do not have a GPS unit which can transfer or receive info from our computer. It would be great to have an option on the Geocache website where you can enter a statement one time for all the caches you find in one day, :) rather than having to log them all individually. Is this a future possibility?

We do not have a GPS unit which can transfer or receive info from our computer. It would be great to have an option on the Geocache website where you can enter a statement one time for all the caches you find in one day, :) rather than having to log them all individually. Is this a future possibility?

Starting to sound like caching robots. No real comments on any of the caches just a TFTN's Thanx For The Numbers. I don't think it should be an option. If you hit 20+ caches in a day then chances are that one of those caches was a nice location or maybe needs maintance. If everyone had the instant reply then it takes the personality of the individual cacher out of the game. Your logs are what some people use to determine if they are going to do a cache. TFTC is nice to read but I think it should be on the end of some type of input about the cache, either good or bad. JMO Swizzle

I do not mean to offend, but to elaborate on what some of the others have said, here's a very good post on the topic.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=172314

What you're proposing to do is commonly known as "cut and paste" logging. If that is what you want to do, there's a tool that might enable you to do it.

http://www.boulter.com/geocaching/express/

I have not tried it myself, so I don't know if it would make it easier or harder (since you need to create the text file first).

I would surely hope that you found something at each and every one of my hides that would be worth making an individual comment about. At least tell me about the weather during your visit or give me a clue as to the condition of my cache. Did you see any animals while there? What did you trade? Why did you go to this cache? Who was with you? Any trouble while finding it? Any stories about the walk/drive to get to it? Was it like another find? Are the nearby wildflowers in bloom? See any muggles? something? anything?

I do not mean to offend, but to elaborate on what some of the others have said, here's a very good post on the topic.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=172314

What you're proposing to do is commonly known as "cut and paste" logging. If that is what you want to do, there's a tool that might enable you to do it.

http://www.boulter.com/geocaching/express/

I have not tried it myself, so I don't know if it would make it easier or harder (since you need to create the text file first).

Fixed!

Write individual, descriptive logs. The cache owners took the time to put together a cache, find a hiding spot, write up the description.... the very least you can do is give a little back to them.

If I do a whole bunch of caches in the same general area on any one day, I might create a one or two sentence that mentions the weather, who was with me, etc. And that becomes the cut/paste portion of my log. But I always customize each log with specifics about the cache itself or it's specific area. The CO took the time to set it up, at least I can come up with something about the cache in my log!!!!

I would adamently vote against any "automated" posting system.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty