Length of time between cache finds

I am sure I read something about this subject but cant find the logs :cool: - however, what is the longest known time between two 'finds' on any cache ? :D - I attended and found a puzzle cache in Richmond yesterday (8th July) called 'Blue (was red) door to Noah's BBQ' (GCMF6N) which had not been found since March 9th 2008 :D - that is 486 days between to logged finds (16 months) - I wasnt aware of the timing until I logged it later.

is this a record or am I way out ?? :unsure:

GCWP8F They Seek Us Here, They Seek Us There springs to mind straight away.

It went for twenty months between the first two finders....

Mark

That looks interesting - I've not seen this cache before.

We're trying to get all 4 TBs for the "All about the UK" cache this year (2 down, 2 to go...) so we might as well watch another 6 TB too!

MrsB :blink:

Is there a way I can display all the TB's I am watching on a map or at least someway of showing where they all are, in relation to home. I have 2 of the 'All about the UK' TBs these six plus another dozen or so bugs on my watchlist. I know I can check where each on is by clicking on it but would love a way to see where they all are at any specific time.

GCWP8F They Seek Us Here, They Seek Us There springs to mind straight away.

It went for twenty months between the first two finders....

Mark

That looks interesting - I've not seen this cache before.

We're trying to get all 4 TBs for the "All about the UK" cache this year (2 down, 2 to go...) so we might as well watch another 6 TB too!

MrsB :blink:

Is there a way I can display all the TB's I am watching on a map or at least someway of showing where they all are, in relation to home. I have 2 of the 'All about the UK' TBs these six plus another dozen or so bugs on my watchlist. I know I can check where each on is by clicking on it but would love a way to see where they all are at any specific time.

I don't think there is.

Over on the GC.com Website forum someone recently asked for a feature where anyone could click on a link to give them a map of where all their own trackables were at that time. I would love that feature - at the moment I have a low-tech way of doing this: Three maps stuck to my wall with about 100 pin flags stuck all over them! :(

MrsB

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...g=y&decrypt=

37 months before markandlynn found it ..........dont know why its not visited ...........its one of the best ..

ang on ...it could be THE BEST

:blink:

Its certainly up there and finding it puts you in a pretty exclusive club :( .

We made it a firm target of our holiday. The final is harder than most 5/5's we have done without considering the others you have to find before it.

I am sure I read something about this subject but cant find the logs :( - however, what is the longest known time between two 'finds' on any cache ? :( - I attended and found a puzzle cache in Richmond yesterday (8th July) called 'Blue (was red) door to Noah's BBQ' (GCMF6N) which had not been found since March 9th 2008 :( - that is 486 days between to logged finds (16 months) - I wasnt aware of the timing until I logged it later.

is this a record or am I way out ?? :blink:

Back in April I went up to Thurso by train, and stopped off at Altnabreac (supposedly about the most isolated station in the country) and found the nearby (well, four-mile hike!) Transect Line cache, which had been almost exactly two years without a find by the time I got it. It's been found once or twice since, but it's very infrequently visited - if you look at the area, it's not hard to see why.

Great cache, by the way - recommended! You might be lucky and get a random dog for company when you go looking for it.

Lee