banned

puppyboy

i have seen a few people or couples with "banned member" on their page and it got me wondering how do you get "banned" on geocaching.com? I could not find anything to explain the ways you can get "banned" can anyone explain this to me?

SO are you trying or just plain curious? :D Try insulting the Frog... That should do it. :anitongue:

i have seen a few people or couples with "banned member" on their page and it got me wondering how do you get "banned" on geocaching.com? I could not find anything to explain the ways you can get "banned" can anyone explain this to me?

Get caught vandalizing caches, spamming the forums, etc.

SO are you trying or just plain curious? :D Try insulting the Frog... That should do it. :anitongue:

nope just curious. Am trying to explain geoaching to friend and found "banned member" and looked everywhere on site for some sort of explanation for it.

The real answer, violating the terms of use

Well, yeah, there's those rule.

BUT...

(edited for clarity)

a) Upload, post ... any content that is..., threatening, abusive, harassing, ..., defamatory,...or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity.

Just reading the forums shows that many folks could be banned. :unsure:

:D Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.

If only they could catch all those sock puppets. :cool::D