Neptunes Compass (Artic Ocean Edition) cointest starting May 30th, 2009.

Y.A.S.S.!

Hi everybody. I've got one final Neptunes Compass that I need to give away. So the easiest way to ensure it gets into the hands of somebody who really wants it and will treasure it is to have a cointest for it. The winner will win one Neptunes Compass (Artic Ocean Edition). For any very new geocoin collectors who missed out on the original sale these are some extremely popular coins that were designed and distributed by Tsunrisebey. The entire lot of them sold out in literally seconds when the sale started on the internet a couple weeks ago.

Ok, like all cointests there needs to be some rules. Sorry, but the rules will be pretty restrictive since I want the recipient to be somebody who would not otherwise be able to get one. Anyways here are the rules:

1. Sorry FScout, but I'm sure you'll understand. Since you've already won 1 Neptunes Compass from me you will not be eligible to participate in this cointest.

2. This cointest will only be open to people who have not been able to make arrangements via a sale, trade or any other method to get a Neptunes Compass geocoin. This will be on the honor system so please play nicely.

3. Each person participating in the cointest may only submit one guess every 5 minutes.

4. In the unlikely event that there is more than 1 answer that is correct then the answer that I was thinking will the correct one that will be used for determining the winner. Nobody has to worry since I'm very new to geocaching and I do not know anybody personally yet so there will be no chance of favoritism being involved in determining a winner.

5. If there are more than one person with the correct answer the one that is listed first on this forum thread will be the winner.

6. The cointest is set to start on Saturday May 30th, 2009 at 11:59 a.m. (1 minute before noon) EST. I'm sure this date and time will not be convenient for everybody and I'll apologize right up front for that. Unfortunately, there's no way I know of to be able to be make it convenient for everybody. Although I list the start time as 11:59 a.m. I will probably start it about 5 minutes later than that time just to give anybody who may be running a couple minutes late a chance to still participate. I just don’t want people to worry if it doesn’t start at exactly the appointed time. I’ll try and be pretty punctual though.

Ok, I think that pretty much spells out the rules. I really want everybody whether new or old to have a fair chance at this so I'll give you an idea of what type of "skill" you'll need to make sure know how to use to win this cointest. To get the correct answer you will need to be able to look back in a geocoiners forum posts to find the correct answer. I'll give an example below (the example is just that, it will not be the question used in the cointest):

Example question for the cointest: On what date did M&M Hunter end a forum post with the following sentence. "I wish coins were the only thing the mailman brought :laughing: "

The correct answer to that question would be: Oct 17 2005, which was the date that line was used in the “What’s in your mailbox today" thread.

So make sure you know how to look up when somebody said a specific statement here on the geocoin forum. If you’re not sure how to access that information I’m sure you can request help here on the geocoin forum and a friendly person will help you learn.

If you know of somebody who would like the coin offered in this cointest and if they fit the eligibility requirements listed above feel free to let them know about this cointest.

Good luck everybody! Sorry for the cointest being restrictive in who can participate and for any inconvenience the date and time may cause. Have a great Memorial Day weekend and happy caching!

This sounds like a VERY fun cointest and actually a way to get to know some of the other cachers here. I already have one so I will be watching and probably smiling a bit as answers are given! LOL Yep your mother was right you are someone special! B)

The words you say about me are very kind and flattering, but I'm not anymore special than the next person around here. There are generous givers all over this forum. Some give coins to others, some give encouragement to others, some give the gift of caring and friendship, some give in the form of moderating the forums, some answer questions that others post here, one gave the gift of music, some volunteer at geocaching events and the list could go on and on for a long time. I'm just glad you folks allow me to have a part in the fun around here. Have a great Memorial Day weekend everybody! :laughing:

It sounds like another fun cointest with a wonderful prize for the winner. I'm horrible with the search feature so I'm lucky to have gotten my order place within the first 19 seconds. The coin is fantastic. GOOD LUCK everyone and have fun.

Y.A.S.S.! THANKS for being great along with so many other special cachers.

I didn't get in on the actual sale, but I was one of the lucky few who won the chance to purchase them before the sale, so I too will be watching from the sidelines with the others.

Y.A.S.S., I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your generosity. The world could use more folks like you out there to help make it a better place...

Hi. I just wanted to clarify something. If you've previously received another coin from me that was not a Neptunes Compass then you can still feel free to participate in this cointest. So basically the only person so far who's won a Neptunes Compass from me would be FScout so she couldn't participate in this cointest (sorry FScout, I hope you understand) but others who have previously received other coins from me can enter it. Normally I'd prefer to keep the distribution of coins from me kind of even but these Neptunes Compass coins are a unique circumstance. So if by the cointest start date you haven't either bought one or made some other type of arrangements to get one feel free to enter even if this would mean you'll get a 2nd coin from me. See the first post in this thread for more detailed information on the cointest. Don't forget folks Y.A.S.S.! (You Are Somebody Special!) Have a great day everybody! :P

Edited by Y.A.S.S.!

Hi. I just need to clarify something since at least one person has misunderstood what I meant and luckily they mentioned it in a message to me. The cointest is scheduled for tomorrow Saturday the 30th of May at 1 minute before noon EST. It is NOT going to be at 1 minute before midnight EST. So this doesn't drag out into a long drawn out event it will just be a 1 question cointest. That way the person that wins will know quickly and the others will know too so they can get back to finding other avenues of trying to get one. To anybody that is going to participate good luck. I'll check back about an hour before the start time to see if there are any last minute things that I need to clarify. :blink:

Good morning! The wireless at my house died so I had to move to the bar for this little cointest. The sacrifices I make for all you fine people! Actually since I don't drink anymore bars are pretty boring but thats ok since it will help somebody smile a little more so its worth it.

The cointest will be one question only so somebody can win pretty quickly (hopefully) and then people can get back to their normally scheduled activities. If you're not sure what type of question to expect see the 1st post on this thread for an example.

By my watch I'm showing 33 minutes to official start time so I'll probably actually start it in about 36 minutes. Good luck people! :blink:

Ok everybody. It’s show time! To win all you have to do is be the first person to post the correct answer to the following question here. Heres the question:

On what day did DJ J Rock post here on the geocoin forum and his entire post read, “you ALL rock!!!!! :D” IMPORTANT NOTE: I believe he’s said a similar phrase in at least one other post, but I’m looking for the post where the above is all the post said. Good Luck! :D

Ok everybody. It’s show time! To win all you have to do is be the first person to post the correct answer to the following question here. Heres the question:

On what day did DJ J Rock post here on the geocoin forum and his entire post read, “you ALL rock!!!!! :D” IMPORTANT NOTE: I believe he’s said a similar phrase in at least one other post, but I’m looking for the post where the above is all the post said. Good Luck! :D

May 20 2009, 05:47 AM

May 20 2009, 05:47 AM

Congratulations! We have a winner. Rockin Roddy posted the correct answer which was May 20th, 2009. Please post on this forum thread if your address is correct in the geocoiners address book or if you’ll be sending it to me by clicking on my screen name and then clicking the link to send me a message. Do not post your mailing address here on this public forum. I’ll more than likely be mailing your geocoin on Monday. Again congratulations and good luck to everybody else on either getting a Neptunes Compass!

I'm sorry everyone, I had been reading the THANK YOU thread earlier this morning and noticed the phrase Y.A.S.S. was looking for. When asked for the phrase, I knew exactly where to look and was on it in a quick second! I feel badly for posting the correct answer so quickly, I hope everyone gets one of these AWESOME coins!!

Y.A.S.S., the info in the address book is correct, I will also email you just to be certain! THANK-YOU for this awesome cointest! I must say, I wasn't even aware it was going on this morning and just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time!

I am feeling really lucky today, might have to go play the lotto!!!

I'm sorry everyone, I had been reading the THANK YOU thread earlier this morning and noticed the phrase Y.A.S.S. was looking for. When asked for the phrase, I knew exactly where to look and was on it in a quick second! I feel badly for posting the correct answer so quickly, I hope everyone gets one of these AWESOME coins!!

Y.A.S.S., the info in the address book is correct, I will also email you just to be certain! THANK-YOU for this awesome cointest! I must say, I wasn't even aware it was going on this morning and just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time!

I am feeling really lucky today, might have to go play the lotto!!!

Hi Roddy. I'll be sending an E-Mail to you via the link on your profile page. If you could check for it that would be appreciated. Thanks and congratulations! :D

THANKS for the congrats everyone, I am still smiling ear to ear!! Never would have guessed I'd win this coin, forgot it was even being given away today!!!! Must have been meant to be!

Anyways, I feel so bad about this, I want to let everyone know we're hosting cointests all the time in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, I think a cointest just started earlier today! Come on in and test your luck!!!

THANKS for the congrats everyone, I am still smiling ear to ear!! Never would have guessed I'd win this coin, forgot it was even being given away today!!!! Must have been meant to be!

Anyways, I feel so bad about this, I want to let everyone know we're hosting cointests all the time in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, I think a cointest just started earlier today! Come on in and test your luck!!!

:D Congrat's R.R. I think you should buy that lotto ticket :D The Neptune is a great coin, enjoy

Edited by kini_ont