How do I remove my cache

I don't know what these people won't. Im starting to feel like a convicted fellon. I hid a small cache about 4 blocks from my home on May 10th. I have answered every question I could answer. Now they won't my home cordinances. I don't have a GPS. I can't afford one. I go geocaching with my daughters. One of them helped me hide this cache and get it's cordinance. I can't seem to please these people. So I need to remove my first cache before it is ever listed :unsure:.

I don't know what these people won't. Im starting to feel like a convicted fellon. I hid a small cache about 4 blocks from my home on May 10th. I have answered every question I could answer. Now they won't my home cordinances. I don't have a GPS. I can't afford one. I go geocaching with my daughters. One of them helped me hide this cache and get it's cordinance. I can't seem to please these people. So I need to remove my first cache before it is ever listed :unsure:.

To answer your question : remove the physical cache, then archive the listing.

I had a hard time trying to understand what you're saying. Perhaps that is why the reviewer hasn't published your cache - that he / she doesn't understand your answer? I haven't figured out what is "they won't my home coordinates".

Who are "these" people?

If you're referring to the reviewer, they want your coordinates so they can make sure the cache is located close near where you live so you can maintain the cache.

If you've found a lot of caches, they will be able to see where you cache most of the time and will know if you can maintain it. If you haven't found many, they won't if its near your home or somewhere you visited while on vacation.

Explain to the reviewer that you usually tag along with your family and don't have a GPS yourself and share theirs when you go together. Give him/her your daughter's caching handle, so they can see that she's nearby.

Edited by Skippermark

NO! Wrong order. People will go looking for it, not knowing you removed it. Instead disable it, wait a couple of weeks (which lets GSAK databases get updated with the unavailable status, long story), then finally archive it.

But don't give up when you're almost there. You can get approximate home coordinates (eg, somewhere in your city), that'll be good enough. If you do a search of caches closest to your own ZIP / postal code, you can just pluck the coords off the nearest cache that comes up. That's close enough. They only need home coordinates to verify that you live reasonably close to your new cache, and can therefore easily maintain it.

It's easy really. Im tired of being screened. These people are the people who run this site. I have followed all of the rules hiding this cache. They won't my home cordinance. Thats easy to understand. I don't have a gps to get my home cordinance. Thats easy to understand. So what do you not understand?

NO! Wrong order. People will go looking for it, not knowing you removed it. Instead disable it, wait a couple of weeks (which lets GSAK databases get updated with the unavailable status, long story), then finally archive it.

But don't give up when you're almost there. You can get approximate home coordinates (eg, somewhere in your city), that'll be good enough. If you do a search of caches closest to your own ZIP / postal code, you can just pluck the coords off the nearest cache that comes up. That's close enough. They only need home coordinates to verify that you live reasonably close to your new cache, and can therefore easily maintain it.

Im starting to feel like a convicted fellon

Nobody is tryng to pick on you or make you feel like a felon. You're not being treated differently than anyone else. There is no reason to remove your cache unless they tell you that for some reason, they can't publish it (which is something that has happened to all of us at one time or another, too)

If you don't know your home coordinates and the cache is 4 blocks away, just add .100 to the N and W values of the cache coordinates and use them. Nobody, least of all the reviewer, needs to know exactly where you live. Add .200 or .300 if you want. The reviewer just wants confirmation that you don't live miles and miles away.

However, I do hope that you noted the coordinates of the cache with a GPS receiver. If you're trying to read them off Google Earth or a map or whatever, prepare for some disappointed logs from cache seekers.

Edit to add: It appears that you have listed an exact street address in your forum profile. If that isn't ironic and does, in fact, correspond to your home address, I suggest that you change it very quickly.

Edited by riviouveur

They won't my home cordinance.

Do you mean "want?" :/

Oh! Sorry...

Use geocoder.us to figure out what is your home coordinates. The reviewers do not need accurate coordinates - anywhere around 1 mile should be good enough. But since you posted your address, I got it for you.

N 34° 07.474 W 101° 26.112

You might want to change your "from" under your forum info to just your town and not your full address, you don't really need to tell everyone who comes to this forum exactly where you live. And if your cache isn't even listed yet, then all you need to do is go get the physical cache and tell the reviewer that you aren't going to pursue that placement anymore. Or have your daughter come over with her GPS and get coordinates for your home.

It's easy really. Im tired of being screened. These people are the people who run this site. I have followed all of the rules hiding this cache. They won't my home cordinance. Thats easy to understand. I don't have a gps to get my home cordinance. Thats easy to understand. So what do you not understand?

You aren't being "screened", the reviewer just needs to know where you live in relation to the cache is all, it's something they do to everyone who places a cache, you aren't being singled out. And "won't" is a contraction for "will not", which is why we are having trouble understanding your question.

Instead of the coordinates to your house, give the coords to a nearby (within 0.5 miles let's say) major intersection. Just a suggestion.

But I'm a little confused why you are okay giving your full address in your profile, but not the coords to said address...

Edited by wubbh

You might want to change your "from" under your forum info to just your town and not your full address, you don't really need to tell everyone who comes to this forum exactly where you live. And if your cache isn't even listed yet, then all you need to do is go get the physical cache and tell the reviewer that you aren't going to pursue that placement anymore. Or have your daughter come over with her GPS and get coordinates for your home.

N 34° 07.475 W 101° 26.111

But it was never published.

I hope the OP won't give up so easily though. Getting the first one published is usually the hardest. Good luck.

I have gone on the net and have listed my actual home coordinates under location in my profile/ account page. Do I need anything else to get it listed?

On the cache page did you check that it is ready before you submitted the page? If not check that box and re-submit and you should be in good shape. Since it is the only one in town I doubt you will bump into saturation problems. I would take your address off your profile. Your home co-ordinates are not visible to anyone but the reviewer.

Jim

I have gone on the net and have listed my actual home coordinates under location in my profile/ account page. Do I need anything else to get it listed?

Congratulations! I checked your listing and the reviewers can now tell that your home coordinates are a very short distance away from your cache location.

What you need to do now is to let the reviewer know that you answered the question. Follow the instructions in the log your reviewer left on your cache page. Your reviewer asked you to leave a Reviewer Note log. Once you enter your log, the reviewer will be alerted to check your page again, because the listing is on your reviewer's watchlist or bookmark list.

Not to change topics, but why should GSAK, or its users and their possibly-outdated databases, ever be a consideration on how I do anything on Groundspeak?

To the OP, Groundspeak are not trying to spy on you.....they just want to know that you are close enough to keep the cache maintained. Congrats on your first cache!

Not to change topics, but why should GSAK, or its users and their possibly-outdated databases, ever be a consideration on how I do anything on Groundspeak?

To the OP, Groundspeak are not trying to spy on you.....they just want to know that you are close enough to keep the cache maintained. Congrats on your first cache!

Agreed on both points.

I don't know what these people won't. Im starting to feel like a convicted fellon. I hid a small cache about 4 blocks from my home on May 10th. I have answered every question I could answer. Now they won't my home cordinances. I don't have a GPS. I can't afford one. I go geocaching with my daughters. One of them helped me hide this cache and get it's cordinance. I can't seem to please these people. So I need to remove my first cache before it is ever listed :).

One more thing you need to know before this thread gets closed.

There is only one reviewer (as far as I know) for the whole State of Texas. You gotta be patient.