Do you back up your GPSr?

I was just deleting some GPX files off my Oregon and thought to myself, I wonder if anyone's ever deleted the main IMG file from their device?

I made a backup of my nuvi 760 when I bought it, not sure why as I rarely interface it with my pc, but with how much I plug my Oregon into a computer, I haven't made a backup of it. I'll be doing so when I get home.

Do you have a backup of your GPSr "just in case"?

I was just deleting some GPX files off my Oregon and thought to myself, I wonder if anyone's ever deleted the main IMG file from their device?

I made a backup of my nuvi 760 when I bought it, not sure why as I rarely interface it with my pc, but with how much I plug my Oregon into a computer, I haven't made a backup of it. I'll be doing so when I get home.

Funny enough, I did when I got my old TomTom, but never thought about my Oregon. :lol:

Mmm - guess what I'm doing right after I hit that "Add Reply" button... :sad:

Thanks for the reminder!

Your tracks are automatically backed up to the microSD card in a Vista HCx.

According to the Vista Hcx manual......logging tracks to data card is an "option" , not an "automatic" action.

User must choose that option setting before tracks will be logged to the card, and therefore be "backed up".

To the OP......

Murphy's law says, Everything Electronic, Mechanical, Human, Etc, that CAN screw up , WILL screw up .............!

SO...............Back Up.........it's cheap, quick, easy, insurance.

Edited by Grasscatcher

I just did that yesterday deleated the maps right off (don't know how dumb a** moment) but I called garmin thay wanted me to send it in no charge. I bought it at REI and thay said no problem so today I went to the REI store and exchanged it for a new one(I'm also a REI member)no questions ask.

So to answer your question. I WILL NOW!!