Texting in geocache logs

mattalbr

I logged six finds by text yesterday. After I sent each text off I recieved a text confirming that I had logged the find. When I got home I checked both my profile and the listing for each cache and my logs did not show up.

I tried texting a DNF but no matter what I tried it wouldn't go through.

If the texting system worked properly I would like to use it because I use several different databases on some days because I drive from city to city for my job. When I switch databases I lose any field notes that haven't been emailed out.

Ooooh, great idea. Let's make it easy to plug in quick-and-dirty logs like

TFTC

I'll continue to log using a full-size keyboard, a glass of wine, and hopefully some creative juice...

Well, since I inherited my daughters old cell phone with a flip out QWERTY keyboard, I might try this. I never type lame logs. :D I have her old phone (she seems to get a new one every 6 months) because I dropped mine in a creek while Geocaching.

When you text in the logs, they are not posted directly to the cache page. They go into your Field Notes. On your profile, the link is on the right side. This gives you a chance to edit your log and add any tb's you may have dropped. Then you post it to the cache page.

When you text in the logs, they are not posted directly to the cache page. They go into your Field Notes. On your profile, the link is on the right side. This gives you a chance to edit your log and add any tb's you may have dropped. Then you post it to the cache page.

Thanks. I just looked at my fieldnotes page and there they were. This is gonna be a nice tool to use.

Now if I can just figure out how to log a DNF. It appears that you replace the @ used in logging a find with an X. I tried that but the text would not go through.

Thanks. I just looked at my fieldnotes page and there they were. This is gonna be a nice tool to use.

Now if I can just figure out how to log a DNF. It appears that you replace the @ used in logging a find with an X. I tried that but the text would not go through.

Well it should work, but there's an obvious work-around right now. You can't post the field note log as your online log without being taken to the standard internet-based "type a log" form, where you can change the type of log before hitting submit.

I still need to try receiving the cache page's hint, I'll be very interested to see if that works. And if it comes encrypted or decrypted.

EDIT: Hints work fine, and they come decrypted.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I have tried a couple times to get this to work but it just won't go. Do you have to have a phone that can use geocahe navigator or can it be used on any texting phone? I send the text to that number but it never gives me the codes I need. Any help is appreciated.

Never mind. I finally got it to work. It helps if you do things exactly like it says. ;)

Edited by wyld_bill2003