Free premium membership?

Keiger

So with my new Colorado 300 I got a 1 month free membership. So down loading the caches to the GPS I am not able to get the hints, am I doing something wrong?

How are you downloading the caches to the GPS? Are you only missing the hints, or are you only getting the name and coordinates?

Do you know if you are downloading .LOC or .GPX files? You want .GPX.

So with my new Colorado 300 I got a 1 month free membership. So down loading the caches to the GPS I am not able to get the hints, am I doing something wrong?

How are you downloading the caches to the GPS? Are you only missing the hints, or are you only getting the name and coordinates?

Do you know if you are downloading .LOC or .GPX files? You want .GPX.

I am just getting the name and coordinates and no hints. I did try the .gpx files after getting the free trial but still no hints

I have a question that may help the OP : for those of you with Colorados and Oregons, if you use the "Send to GPS" to download to the GPSr, does the info come with description and hints?

Can't remember about hints as I normaly use a PQ but you do get the cache info and logs on the Oregon, but if the cache owner has used html then you get all the codeing showing up, which dosn't show up with a PQ - at least that is my experience.

I have a question that may help the OP : for those of you with Colorados and Oregons, if you use the "Send to GPS" to download to the GPSr, does the info come with description and hints?

It comes through with all that for me.

It all comes through but is actually just as quick to save the GPX file right onto the unit in the right directory - you get 20 logs that way.

Well I got it figured out. The Colorado has a GPX folder in it and when you save from the GPX eXchange file you need to save into the GPX folder in the Colorado unit. Now I get all the info.

Now is there a way to up load more then one at a time?

Thanks for the help. Keig

Hook the unit up to your PC in mass storage mode - then you can grab the GPX file from any listing page and drop it into the [drive]:\garmin\gpx folder on the device.

or

Better yet - learn to use Pocket Queries to download up to 500 caches at a time in a GPX file with all the listing page details (minus photos). http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Thanks for that site link, I now got it figured out on the PQ. Great info. Keig

Well I got it figured out. The Colorado has a GPX folder in it and when you save from the GPX eXchange file you need to save into the GPX folder in the Colorado unit. Now I get all the info.

Now is there a way to up load more then one at a time?

Thanks for the help. Keig

As busterbabes said in post #11 GSAK GSAK GSAK!!!!!! You load your PQ's into that and filter them any way you want. It even has some neat macros that move data to a from your GPSr.