Has anyone else been screwed by...

Muggs

Hello All,

Has anyone else been screwed by onestopcacheshop.com.

I ordered something a month ago and when I inquired a few weeks back I got an email saying they were just back from vacation and would get the item out ASAP. Well now the website says "Store Closed".

Oh well rant over.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Muggs

Problem corrected! Read to the end.

Edited by Muggs

Hello All,

I ordered something a month ago and when I inquired a few weeks back I got an email saying they were just back from vacation and would get the item out ASAP. Well now the website says "Store Closed".

Oh well rant over.

Muggs

This link says that they are "closed for remodelling" : http://onestopcacheshop.com/oscs/

(although that's a pretty tacky way of running a web-based business, if you ask me!)

You say that you've had email contact with the owner... have you since tried asking him what's going on?

Ohh... I...

ohhh.... never mind...

I see now that this thread is about problems with an online vendor.

My mistake....

I had initially thought, upon reading the title, that this thread was perhaps about my ex-girlfriend Adelle, a social worker and, as it turned out, closet sex addict, who gave me about a half-dozen STDs back in the late 1980s. But... my mistake... never mind...!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Hello All,

Oh well rant over.

Muggs

This link says that they are "closed for remodelling" : http://onestopcacheshop.com/oscs/

(although that's a pretty tacky way of running a web-based business, if you ask me!)

You say that you've had email contact with the owner... have you since tried asking him what's going on?

Yeah, the email address is Yaddayadda@onestopcacheshop.com and so bounces right back at me.

Ohh... I...

ohhh.... never mind...

My mistake....

I had initially thought, upon reading the title, that this thread was perhaps about my ex-girlfriend Adelle, a social worker and, as it turned out, closet sex addict, who gave me about a half-dozen STDs back in the late 1980s. But... my mistake... never mind...!

LOL! Yeah, I think I knew her as well.

Hello All,

Oh well rant over.

Muggs

Yeah, the email address is Yaddayadda@onestopcacheshop.com and so bounces right back at me.

Well, we are hitting on something strange with this entire operation. It seems -- according to copies of their site to be found in the database at the Wayback Machine (archive.org) -- that for much of the rather short lifetime of their website, their website's home page read "Store Closed" or similar messages, and even during the relatively brief periods when the store was up and operational, and there were links in the links bars on each page to the "Contact Us" page, the Contact Us page, which supposedly and hopefully contained the name of the folks operating the company along with their phone number and email address, was apparently never captured by the archive.org search robot, while all the other pages on the site were captured and catalogued on a monthly basis.

The most commonsense and commonplace explanation for why the Contact Us page would have been skipped by the archive.org search robot would be that the site owners/operators had emplaced a robots.txt file in the root directory which contained an Exclude command asking all search engines to skip the contact page. To me, if that is the case, that sounds somewhat suspicious! It is also a bit of a weird experience when I try to track the ownership of the site domain name using IP WHOIS services; some of the services can find no trace of any records indicating that the domain name is owned by anyone at all, and others report a funny and strange amalgam of information indicating the owner lives in Great Britain. Very odd!

Ohh... I...

ohhh.... never mind...

My mistake....

And all six STD's were highly drug-resistant! How fun!

I looked up the site registrant info, im not sure if this helps you or not but there is an administrator contact for them with an email address and number. Unfortunately it looks like they are overseas in the UK but you could always email it and see what happens. I will send you the info i found. Hope it helps.

Ohh... I...

ohhh.... never mind...

My mistake....

And all six STD's were highly drug-resistant! How fun!

TMI

I don't think there is any intention to "screw" anyone.

I'm told that the owner of the site has been very sick recently. Your six dollars has been refunded.

Well now, don't I feel [bad].

I did in fact get a refund and an explanation of the circumstances of the situation. The gentleman is ill and unable to make it to the post office.

But this is a great example of how being upfront and forthright with people would have kept me from making a fool of myself and doing possible damage to your business.

I apologize for the rant and any harm I may have caused your business.

I hope people read to the end of this thread.

Muggs

[Edited by moderator for potty language.]

Edited by Keystone