UK Mega Series

This might be considered a cheeky request - however I will make it anyway. B)

regarding the above series by Lord of the cachers - I was wondering if anyone has an excel prog with the cache names, waypoints, grid refs and hints. :wub:

I do not have any posh gizmos, PDa's or the like where I can down load all the cahe pages to be viewed in situ :) - i usually go out when i do an area blitz or a series with my GPS, an ordnance survey map and a piece of paper with all the above on having copied and pasted all the info from the various cache pages into an excel prog.

However to do the above series - copying and pasting all that info is very daunting ;) and if anyone has got all of that saved on one file - i would appreciate it

many thanks in lieu

Tim - ddm

This might be considered a cheeky request - however I will make it anyway. B)

regarding the above series by Lord of the cachers - I was wondering if anyone has an excel prog with the cache names, waypoints, grid refs and hints. :wub:

I do not have any posh gizmos, PDa's or the like where I can down load all the cahe pages to be viewed in situ :) - i usually go out when i do an area blitz or a series with my GPS, an ordnance survey map and a piece of paper with all the above on having copied and pasted all the info from the various cache pages into an excel prog.

However to do the above series - copying and pasting all that info is very daunting ;) and if anyone has got all of that saved on one file - i would appreciate it

many thanks in lieu

Tim - ddm

do you use GSAK export a csv, then import it into excell

Even simpler: just use the GSAK Print feature. You can customise the view so that you get all your preferred details in a nice grid printed on the paper.

Another neat trick using this feature of GSAK is to use the user sort column. In options you can set this to put numbers into this column (I use steps of 5, in case of later additions) when you double click on this column. By doing this in the order you intend to do the caches and then sorting on this column before printing out the table, GSAK will give you a list of the caches in the order that you intend to visit them.

Edited by Just Roger

Even simpler: just use the GSAK Print feature. You can customise the view so that you get all your preferred details in a nice grid printed on the paper.

I have just done tha above and why didn't I use this before - so much easier than copying and pasting

The only thing missing is the grid reference, am i missing something or is that not available

View - Select a view - (select "Default")

View - Add/Delete columns - (select the "Display" tab) - (change Latitude/Longitude Display Format to British OS Grid) - (tick the Latitude and Longitude boxes in the list) - (remove unnecessary columns) - OK

View - Save current view - (call it something, e.g. "Printable")

File - Print - Select View - (select "Printable")

Print Preview (to check)

Print

Why isn't this coming up with the nice link it normally does? I have done the insert properly?

Mega Series

I think you added the URL twice and they were tripping each other up

No there is a space after the = symbol.

I've just had a look at this series and I am quite amazed at the obvious hard work that has been put into this. So many caches published at the same time, and only a few of them are micros. Well done 'My Lord' :)

Why isn't this coming up with the nice link it normally does? I have done the insert properly?

Mega Series

I think you added the URL twice and they were tripping each other up

Iknew there was something wrong - but the odd thing is, I did enter it as normal, using the icons etc - the only thing I can think of is when I copied the url itself that I put something in that shouldn't have been there.

Thanks for the help.