Older, untrackable geocoins - any interest?

RedsknU2

I am returning to geocaching after an extended "leave". I have a considerable amount of older coins (2005) that are not trackable here at Geocaching.com. Is there any interest in these coins other than from a "fun to find" coin? Are they tradeable in the Trading forums? All have tracking numbers and are unique, they just aren't trackable here.

Thoughts, help, comments?

NOPE...worthless. You'd be best to get them off your hands fast as they'll just cost you more money trying to discard them.

I would be more than happy to help here, I would bite the bullet and relieve you of this burden. I'm more than happy to send you my address, you can shoot them off to me for proper disposal...I'd probably even pay the shipping since I'm such a considerate friend to the caching community! :D

Just like Rod I'd be happy to take them off your hands and would send you the postage too!! :D Depending on what you have there could be a lot of interest! Nontrackables can be discussed here and traded but just not sold. After you send me your list and I get first crack at them :D I'd then suggest putting a list of them in the trading thread and see where it goes from there

If they're not trackable, the mods will most likely delete your post. Forum rule is only coins that are trackable via geocaching.com can be posted here. You should send lists via email to anyone who's interested, including me.

Actually I beleive you can post non trackables here if they are for trade only. You can not post them if they are for sale.

Yes there is still an interest in non trackable coins. I prefer a lot of older ones to some of the newer ones.

You are allowed posting in the trading thread if that is what you want to do; trade. Just post in the pinned topic at the top what you have to offer and if you have any that you are seeking.

If you have a question about a particular non trackable coin, feel free to post here too.

You are not allowed posting non trackables for sale on this forum.

Hope this helps! :D

Surely there is a thread here that would be OK list them.

If it comes to the pont where you want to 'sell' them, then you could move the activity to another site. If you just want to trade, then you could post on one of the forums here.

What do we think the mods would think of a 'how much do you think these are worth?' question. I think that is at the heart of the original post.

Since I am returning to Geocaching after a 4 year absence, I think trading is the most desired outcome for my homeless Geocoins. I am really not a "what are they worth" person, since "worth" is determined by the person who wants or needs the item.

I would love to trade for trackables, to set free in the world since I currently have none. I truly just want to follow appropriate "etiquette" and post appropriately. I do appreciate all the comments and feedback!

Will send a list before posting in the trading forum. I have no idea of the desireabilty of the coins, so in trading, just looking for fair trades.