How do some members get statistics in their profile?

lookin4busstop

Not sure which set of stats you are referring to but they are not generated by any option within the site. They are added by the cacher by using various 3rd party generators. One is a macro for GSAK called FindStatGen3.gsk. Of course, it requires you to be using GSAK.

Another source is from "Its Not About The Numbers" website at http://www.itsnotaboutthenumbers.com/. This one requires you to upload the My Finds PQ (the zip file version).

All are done in HTML.

None of the versions of FindStatGen that I've used, including 3.4 Beta "automatically add your stats to your profile".

They automatically create the HTML for you so that you can add it to your profile.

"Automatically" to me means that it would log you in to GC.com, open your profile, paste in the code and click the 'change' button...assuming it knew your password.

I know, I'm being picky, but it's a semantic issue that someone else might be confused about.

"Automatically" to me means that it would log you in to GC.com, open your profile, paste in the code and click the 'change' button...assuming it knew your password.

I know, I'm being picky, but it's a semantic issue that someone else might be confused about.

That's exactly what GenUploadStats.gsk does. If I remember correctly you have to provide it with your user name and password the first time you run it. And, if you want to run one of the beta versions of FindStatGen3 you have to change line 78 to show which one. For example to run FindStatGen34Beta.gsk change line 78 to read: Macro File="$_Install\Macros\FindStatGen34Beta.gsk"

That's exactly what GenUploadStats.gsk does. If I remember correctly you have to provide it with your user name and password the first time you run it. And, if you want to run one of the beta versions of FindStatGen3 you have to change line 78 to show which one. For example to run FindStatGen34Beta.gsk change line 78 to read: Macro File="$_Install\Macros\FindStatGen34Beta.gsk"

Yeah and write a wrapper macro to run FSG and GUS and you have a macro that generates you stats and uploads them in one shot.

Jim

Wow...cool then.

Except I have other stuff in my profile too that it would probably wipe out if I did that...however I'll look into it.

Thanks for the information.

Wow...cool then.

Except I have other stuff in my profile too that it would probably wipe out if I did that...however I'll look into it.

put the other stuff in the FSG notes section and it won't get wiped out.

Jim

Wow...cool then.

Jim

Right. Forgot about that even thought I use it. :D I just wish it had a "Note" section for the top of the output and one for the bottom. :D

Ted

There is also My geocaching profile website that generates statistics of your myfinds.gpx. It is like that itsnotallabout... site.

But, it doesn't automatically upload it your GC.com profile like the GSAK macros can. And, some of it's parts look strangely like what the GSAK macro produces.

Well, not for the first time. But when you update new gpx file in system changes will update on your profile automatically ... you might need only a few ctrl+f5...

I guess every statistics system has samekind of diagrams and lists that people want. I wonder how can you make them very different to each other anyways. Is there a copyright to certain stat type...

I use both GSAK and My geocaching profile and I get something from both. I really like GSAK also to get very exact stats of my finds and also stats of my owned caches and and just noticed that I can do much more with it and do these stats more automated that I nowadays do it.

My geocaching profile system has some parts that I like for example you can get achievement badges of different kind. ie. Earthcache masters program, how many caches you have found, how many different (D/T)- types of caches you have found, How many states or countries you have visited.

I recognize all of the different stats on your profile and have most of them on my profile as well. The ones I don't recognize are the Achievement Awards. Who awards these?

Edit: I found the link in your post. Now I know who awards them.

I think this statistics and Achievement award badges are just one part of the game that I enjoy when I'm not outside looking for geocaches. These are

just fun to follow and also part of motivation of getting to the next "level" if there really is any levels in the game.

If anyone else asks. Badges are awarded by My Geocaching Profile.com and Earthcache.org (GSA). Read more about these badges..

Wow...cool then.

Jim

What is the FSG notes section?

Edited by Josie and the Pussycats

Wow...cool then.

Jim

What is the FSG notes section?

In FindStatGen there is a section you can select that is called notes. The macro displays a edit box and you can edit html and anything else you can do with ascii into this box (really a file on disk). When the macro runs it includes what is in this section in the html output of the stats.

Jim

In FindStatGen there is a section you can select that is called notes. The macro displays a edit box and you can edit html and anything else you can do with ascii into this box (really a file on disk). When the macro runs it includes what is in this section in the html output of the stats.

I put links to my status bars in there and when ever they change it shows up correctly at the top of the FindStatGen fields.

Well, not for the first time. But when you update new gpx file in system changes will update on your profile automatically ... you might need only a few ctrl+f5...

In your GC.com profile? I don't think so. It doesn't' know my GC.com password and I never saw mine being put there.

In your GC.com profile? I don't think so. It doesn't' know my GC.com password and I never saw mine being put there.

Both INATN and MyGeocachingProfile use images to display stats on your profile. So, once you add the code to your profile the first time, they can simply update the images on their server whenever you upload a new file.