MISSION/COINTEST

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

If you are on the MISSION list, and have not sent me an address, please send it by Sunday so that I can have the Coins shipped by the vendor as soon as they arrive. Once the Coins arrive, please have them activated and ready for adoption by Christmas. After you post in the "Todie's Wild Ride", then Roddy can find new owners for the Coins. Thank You for the help. I'm hoping the adoptions can start for the new year.

Hey WSR...do you need my addy?

I saw your post in the TWR thread...mind is already in buzzz mode! I'm more than certain we'll find some fun and educational ideas to help spread those coins and bike awareness!! :P

Can't THANK you enough, my friend, I am really amazed at the dedication you and Maine Family have shown for this cause!! WOW! I hope I can return the favor some time soon!! Oh, and the Geopigs...we're meeting today! I bet she'll be happy when we're done playing these games (although I think she does enjoy reading all the descriptions and missions of the coins I send her)!

If you are on the MISSION list, and have not sent me an address, please send it by Sunday so that I can have the Coins shipped by the vendor as soon as they arrive. Once the Coins arrive, please have them activated and ready for adoption by Christmas. After you post in the "Todie's Wild Ride", then Roddy can find new owners for the Coins. Thank You for the help. I'm hoping the adoptions can start for the new year.

Did you get my email?

Did you get my email?

Yes I did. I'll have to get to where I can use my own computer so I can compare the list to the emails, and contact those who are missing.

OK, I've sent your addresses to Chris, and We are hoping to see the Coins this week. I still need to track down 1 address for SgtMikal. If I can't get it, then I will choose another Participant for the Northeast. For those who have won a Coin in the Cointest part, please be patient. I will send the Coins after I get my share from the mailbox. It could be several weeks.

OK, I've sent your addresses to Chris, and We are hoping to see the Coins this week. I still need to track down 1 address for SgtMikal. If I can't get it, then I will choose another Participant for the Northeast. For those who have won a Coin in the Cointest part, please be patient. I will send the Coins after I get my share from the mailbox. It could be several weeks.

So, You found MY address :rolleyes:

So, You found MY address :huh:

Yours was easy to find...It was in my InBox

Well, there it a delay...The coins have to be remade. They will hopefully still be to you in time to release by the new year, but we will have to wait patiently and see. Thank You.

remade??? why? :huh:

The factory didn't fill color in all the places where it is supposed to be.

how weird--such a simple coin??

Well, there it a delay...The coins have to be remade. They will hopefully still be to you in time to release by the new year, but we will have to wait patiently and see. Thank You.

remade??? why? :D

The issue may stem from some of the samples I had made. All 500 coins were made like one sample that I decided NOT to do. The missed color is in the inner ring on the back, where it says "Keep Me Moving...".

That line is supposed to be filled with yellow, but they left it empty. Recessed metal areas like that on Black Nickel...It's completly invisible.

remade??? why? ;)

The issue may stem from some of the samples I had made. All 500 coins were made like one sample that I decided NOT to do. The missed color is in the inner ring on the back, where it says "Keep Me Moving...".

That line is supposed to be filled with yellow, but they left it empty. Recessed metal areas like that on Black Nickel...It's completly invisible.

OUTCH A 500 RE-MINT FOR 1 LINE ,,,BET THAT WAS COSTLY?

Hi, Robert --

I'm a bit late for the party, but I'd like to stick my name in there for additional assistance, if I might.

I've only got a couple of bugs under my belt, and I'm afraid I don't have actual photos of what I've done to them, but I am always careful to make sure there is some kind of marking that lists the mission as well as a "please do not keep me" marker. Also, I take care to make sure that my bugs' pages are illustrated in some way:

Moops Compass Rose Geocoin -- I took this over for the Moops and it was a lot of fun to set up

Moops Ohio Geocoin -- ditto, and I like this one too because I'm from Ohio originally

Museum Hopper -- When my husband and I were in Tokyo just before the birth of our daughter, I got the little model museum out of a vending machine. I was actually disappointed (because there were model Dinonychi in there too and I wanted one) but when I turned it into a bug I ended up being very happy with it. But it has disappeared. : (

Jackalgirl - my "trackable ka". Not much to see here, since this is just the bug I carry around with me in order to track my own mileage and record my impressions of what I've done and seen while geocaching.

The area in which I'm located is not a very high-traffic area -- Misawa is in the northern part of Japan and it's a pretty small community -- but I'd be happy to release anything for you (or to assist with page setup, if you need help in that way).

I got my five that I ordered. They look great! Were these supposed to have a custom icon? I thought so, but when I activated one I noticed it has the generic icon. Was there a mistake?

I belive there will be,Ive seen the possible icons ,but Im not sure it has been chosen yet...?

For some reason, when I sent you my address, it must not have come through. I was so excited to get to be a part of this, as this would have been my first coin in my personal collection (aside from one that was adopted to me for Todie's Wild Ride). I just sent you another PM with my snail-mail address. I sincerely hope it is not too late. Please let me know.

Thanx!

EDIT: Whoops...I posted this in response to your note that you are trying to get an address for me. I hadn't noticed that the date on your post was before we had already emailed each other with my address. Hopefully, all is well, but if you need anything, please advise. Thanx again for the opportunity to participate!

Edited by SgtMikal

I have two tbs, one I own, and one I donated to my daughter's class so they could watch it travel. I attached laminated labels to both explaining its mission/goal, and what to do with it once it was found. I'd be happy to be on either end of the mission, receive and send them out to be adopted or adopt one and place in a cache. So far every coin or TB we have found we currently watch, daughter has me check on their locations once a week, (this could turn out to be a part time job the way she falls in love with them). We have not released a coin yet we are new to caching and have just found this area, but we have moved a few around to various caches.

I am centrally located in the USA (Kansas City, MO area).

Would love to help in any way. And I will keep an eye for them in our area if not chosen so we can help along its way or discover it.

Karen

Edited by kmmlynch

I received the coins yesterday, and have contacted Crake for the activation codes.

i keep mixing this thread with the twr thread,,

so i posted this yesterday in twr,---------------They arrived today, and had snowsuits!! I am going out tonight to buy the things for my ideas, and will let you know when they are ready. ,

and i did get some stuff ,,and once i get the cards laminated i will post a pic before i activate them and do the pages with cool looking html graffix lettering...

what turned out to be the "actuall" name for the coins?

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

How long does it usually take to get activation codes? I have never activated coins before, but I contacted them 24 hours ago and haven't heard back. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

The activation codes should be ready when you try to get them. What are you doing, where are you asking for them?? On the coin's tag, it say's to go to: www.crakeproductions.com/getcode

I just tried one and it was instantly sent to my email!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

i have 2 coins done except for the pages and adding the laminated cards as i still need to make those but i will post a pic tonight if i have time,,see if you like my idea for traveling,, it takes about an hour to put it togeather for each coin,;)

I like the idea of getting a coin ready, but I try not to activate them up front. My reason is because I sometimes give away coins to newb cachers who have yet to go through the activation process and I like to take the time to let them learn how!

This doesn't mean you shouldn't, just mentioning how I do it and why!! I used to adopt them, but that's more work for me and I lose the chance to teach a newb!!

<<The activation codes should be ready when you try to get them. What are you doing, where are you asking for them?? On the coin's tag, it say's to go to: www.crakeproductions.com/getcode

I just tried one and it was instantly sent to my email!!>>

Yeah...I found the codes. They got dumped tinto my spam folder. All is well, and they are all activated. Just waiting for the owners, and instructions on how to adopt them out.

<<The activation codes should be ready when you try to get them. What are you doing, where are you asking for them?? On the coin's tag, it say's to go to: www.crakeproductions.com/getcode

I just tried one and it was instantly sent to my email!!>>

Yeah...I found the codes. They got dumped tinto my spam folder. All is well, and they are all activated. Just waiting for the owners, and instructions on how to adopt them out.

Simple...when ready to adopt them out, you go to the Trackable items section, then to the FAQ in the geocoins group, then all the way to the bottom should be the section How do I transfer... There, a link is supplied. You then post the REFERENCE NUMBER (not tracking number) in the proper field and choose who you'll transfer it to!

Don't ask me why they haven't made that link easier to find, it boggles the mind!

Edited by Rockin Roddy
Simple...when ready to adopt them out, you go to the Trackable items section, then to the FAQ in the geocoins group, then all the way to the bottom should be the section How do I transfer... There, a link is supplied. You then post the REFERENCE NUMBER (not tracking number) in the proper field and choose who you'll transfer it to!

Great...thanx so much!

i have 2 coins done except for the pages and adding the laminated cards as i still need to make those but i will post a pic tonight if i have time,,see if you like my idea for traveling,, it takes about an hour to put it togeather for each coin,;)

I like the idea of getting a coin ready, but I try not to activate them up front. My reason is because I sometimes give away coins to newb cachers who have yet to go through the activation process and I like to take the time to let them learn how!

This doesn't mean you shouldn't, just mentioning how I do it and why!! I used to adopt them, but that's more work for me and I lose the chance to teach a newb!!

That works too, Im just following Roberts directions,,

so let me know

do I activate them and make the pages,, or let the adoptie do it..Im fine with it eather way

and what is the official name for theese coins,,," Look Twice coins""??

here are my pics,, would like some feedback, on the idea.

f7ab6690-0a65-4977-8a91-98b0ef3590b0.jpg

ff5ba651-68a2-4f9f-b8e5-0eec5c46dba8.jpg

20f2cc7e-7bc6-4b17-b1b0-35f71fb5bec4.jpg

and i will still be addin a laminated card with mission details

and the name of the coin and date of release will be put on the dog tag

oh i wire wrapped each item on the chain so they cannot come off unless the chain breaks,, and punched a hole in the mid of the sleave and ran the chain out then attached the flip flop on the other side of the sleave so the coin is attached to the sleave but can still be pulled out to look at or touch with out loseing the sleave.

i was gonna use some friend ship bracelets but after tieing a knot in them it was to big for the sleave.

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

That works too, Im just following Roberts directions,,

so let me know

do I activate them and make the pages,, or let the adoptie do it..Im fine with it eather way

and what is the official name for theese coins,,," Look Twice coins""??

The official name of the coin is "Look Twice Geocoin" but each adopting owner can also give each coin a specific name too. You can wait until they are adopted to add the name and mission tag with the new owners name too. The starting idea was to have them activated then adoped, but Rod's way would work too, if the Coin winner activated them, then you release them. Either way is fine.

here are my pics,, would like some feedback, on the idea.

f7ab6690-0a65-4977-8a91-98b0ef3590b0.jpg

ff5ba651-68a2-4f9f-b8e5-0eec5c46dba8.jpg

20f2cc7e-7bc6-4b17-b1b0-35f71fb5bec4.jpg

and i will still be addin a laminated card with mission details

and the name of the coin and date of release will be put on the dog tag

oh i wire wrapped each item on the chain so they cannot come off unless the chain breaks,, and punched a hole in the mid of the sleave and ran the chain out then attached the flip flop on the other side of the sleave so the coin is attached to the sleave but can still be pulled out to look at or touch with out loseing the sleave.

i was gonna use some friend ship bracelets but after tieing a knot in them it was to big for the sleave.

Those look cool, there will be no mistaking that they should stay traveling!!

I just got the coins on the 24th, they will be activated tonight or tomorrow and ready for adoption.

I'm working on the laminated tag, how's it look?

268b1319-9ef8-46cc-9f06-f03999b34bd8.jpg

Looks good to me, you will be putting the names of each individual Coin's Owner? Where it says how to log ut, that will need to be the actual tracking Number? the Refference number is only for notes, and may leave people confused.

Looks good to me, you will be putting the names of each individual Coin's Owner? Where it says how to log ut, that will need to be the actual tracking Number? the Refference number is only for notes, and may leave people confused.

Yes putting the names of each individual coin's owner, and using the tracking number was the plan. :D