Arbitrary, yet seeming unique/unusual find numbers!

Kabuthunk

A recent occurance:

5cdc79da-4e13-4a0f-bc1d-e43f77a06b86.jpg

444 finds, and 4 hides!

Coming up soon is also 496, a perfect number. Combined with that, it's also a triangular, hexagonal, and centered nonagonal number. Truly, a very unique number. For added fun, it's binary equivilant is "111110000" ;).

And other than the upcoming #500, the next big thing will be 100th prime number... 541.

Don't mind me... I get excited over unusual things at times :).

Is anyone else sitting at a particularly unusual number? Some useful resources on wikipedia are list of numbers or prime numbers. As far as 'perfect' numbers go, the first four are 6, 28, 496, and 8128... so it's a bit unlikely I'll see the fourth one anytime soon :D.

A recent occurance:

5cdc79da-4e13-4a0f-bc1d-e43f77a06b86.jpg

444 finds, and 4 hides!

Coming up soon is also 496, a perfect number. Combined with that, it's also a triangular, hexagonal, and centered nonagonal number. Truly, a very unique number. For added fun, it's binary equivilant is "111110000" :).

And other than the upcoming #500, the next big thing will be 100th prime number... 541.

Don't mind me... I get excited over unusual things at times :D.

Is anyone else sitting at a particularly unusual number? Some useful resources on wikipedia are list of numbers or prime numbers. As far as 'perfect' numbers go, the first four are 6, 28, 496, and 8128... so it's a bit unlikely I'll see the fourth one anytime soon ;).

You wouldn't happen to be a math teacher, would you? :)

Hello. My name is ncfinn and I am a mathgeek.

I notice "nice" or historically important numbers (years) more than round/even milestones.

For example 1818 and 1881 were more memorable than 1800 or 1900.

I should hit 1917 soon. Bonus points to those who can figure out why I would celebrate that number.

I notice "nice" or historically important numbers (years) more than round/even milestones.

I should hit 1917 soon. Bonus points to those who can figure out why I would celebrate that number.

the Chicago White Soxs win the world series?

i was going to say you were born, but that would make you 91 years old

This is not really caching-related, but an interesting note, as I, too, am intrigued by this sort of thing.

Picture, if you will, an analog clock, with one hand on the 12 and one hand on the 7. Without knowing which hand was which, what are the two possible times? That's right...12:35 and 7:00.

I have two children. My first son was born at 12:35 AM, 6/15/01. My second son was born at - you guessed it - 7:00 PM 07/08/08. My wife says that no one else would have ever noticed that. Somehow, I think some of you might have noticed.

This is not really caching-related, but an interesting note, as I, too, am intrigued by this sort of thing.

Picture, if you will, an analog clock, with one hand on the 12 and one hand on the 7. Without knowing which hand was which, what are the two possible times? That's right...12:35 and 7:00.

I have two children. My first son was born at 12:35 AM, 6/15/01. My second son was born at - you guessed it - 7:00 PM 07/08/08. My wife says that no one else would have ever noticed that. Somehow, I think some of you might have noticed.

I notice things like that as well. I think it means we all have OCD or something. :D

Well, I'm not a math teacher, but I've been told on multiple occasions that I tend to exhibit obsessive-compulsive tendancies.

A lot at times :blink:

Right now I'm at 453 finds... which doesn't really have all that much going for it. Albeit it's apparently the hear Attila the Hun died, it doesn't really help much :(

And with 73 DNF's, it's mildly interesting. It's the 21st prime number... and 7 x 3 = 21.

Edited by Kabuthunk