No Logbook

Fledermaus

For some time there has been a cache in my area containing ONLY a "CODE WORD"(which the finder must send to the cache owner). This cache also does not have a logbook in it. A friend of mine once had a cache of this type and was told by a Reviewer(in accordance with new guideline at that time) that all caches must have logbooks in them. I remember GC once allowed this sort of cache, but I also remember the guidelines being changed. Can anyone tell me the official date GC changed the guidelines for this type of cache? Then I can compare that date to the cache publication date. If it was published before GC changed it's guidelines, should this older cache now have a logbook in it? If afterwards, the cache must have a logbook in it, right? Last question! Should I or anyone else really care?

For some time there has been a cache in my area containing ONLY a "CODE WORD"(which the finder must send to the cache owner). This cache also does not have a logbook in it. A friend of mine once had a cache of this type and was told by a Reviewer(in accordance with new guideline at that time) that all caches must have logbooks in them. I remember GC once allowed this sort of cache, but I also remember the guidelines being changed. Can anyone tell me the official date GC changed the guidelines for this type of cache? Then I can compare that date to the cache publication date. If it was published before GC changed it's guidelines, should this older cache now have a logbook in it? If afterwards, the cache must have a logbook in it, right? Last question! Should I or anyone else really care?

No.

Could you tell me which one it is so I don't waste my time on it? Otherwise I don't care.

Jim

Naw, this is something to not care about, even if it turns out it was published after the change. Unless you really dislike the cache owner (Just kidding. :unsure:) There is a website at http://archive.org (the wayback machine) where you can look up old screenshots of what a website looked like on a certain date years ago, if you're really interested; the web page with the guidelines in this case. Or maybe a reviewer with a good memory will chime in.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

The cache police, they live inside of my head.

The cache police, they come to me in my bed.

The cache police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

You know that talk is cheap, and those rumors ain't nice.

And when I fall asleep I don't think I'll survive the night, the night.

cause they're waiting for me.

They're looking for me.

Every single night they're driving me insane.

Those men inside my brain.

(live inside of my head.)

(come to me in my bed.)

Well, I can't tell lies, cause they're listening to me.

And when I fall asleep, bet they're spying on me tonight, tonight.

They're looking for me.

I try to sleep, they're wide awake, they won't leave me alone.

They don't get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.

They spy on me, I try to hide, they won't let me alone.

They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

They're looking for me.

The cache police, they're coming to arrest me.

Edited by Snoogans

You know that talk is cheap, and those rumors ain't nice.

And when I fall asleep I don't think I'll survive the night, the night.

They're looking for me.

(live inside of my head.)

(come to me in my bed.)

Well, I can't tell lies, cause theyre listening to me.

And when I fall asleep, bet they're spying on me tonight, tonight.

They're looking for me.

I try to sleep, theyre wide awake, they won't leave me alone.

They don't get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.

They spy on me, I try to hide, they won't let me alone.

They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

They're looking for me.

The cache police, theyre coming to arrest me.

...by Cheap Cache... :unsure: Edited by TrailGators

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind

er, I mean, in the guidelines (emphasis added)...

If a cache has been published and violates any guidelines listed below, you are encouraged to report it. However, if the cache was placed prior to the date when a guideline was issued or updated the cache is likely to be "grandfathered" and allowed to stand as is.

Better question.... Who cares? :):unsure::)

A codeword cache is little more than a virtual - you don't really even need to hide anything, just have someone answer a question related to the location. Since no one else can get a virtual published, why let this one through? Doesn't seem fair to those that like virtuals and to those looking for an actual geocache.

Better question.... Who cares? :blink::blink::blink:

A codeword cache is little more than a virtual - you don't really even need to hide anything, just have someone answer a question related to the location. Since no one else can get a virtual published, why let this one through? Doesn't seem fair to those that like virtuals and to those looking for an actual geocache.

I suspect that the plethora of "no" and "who cares" replies from a number of posters to this thread may lie in the fact that they suspect that it is very likely that this is a grandfathered logbook-less cache, that is, one dating back to a date prior to the publication of the logbook rule, and the "ho hum" response may also due in part to the fact that some forum posters may remember the other recent thread started by the OP, wherein he appeared to have attempted to create a polarity between PMs and non-paying members, and thus some may be dismissing his inquiry as one more attempt to rock the boat for the sake of a bit of drama.

Ya know Wink (and I know this to be your true identity), (snip)

No need for re-working horrible Cheap Trick songs. :blink:

Don't be downing Cheap Trick sonny boy. :D:blink:

I seem to remember the Dream Police album being dissed by fans and critics alike when it was new. That was a long time ago though. I'll just stick to dissing Rush. :blink: