avroair

Did we kill it?

No... we just made it angry!

Ello beastie!

Aargh! Maties!

Pirates of Harriman V

The Kraken's Calling

Geocaching Picnic Event

Saturday, September 27th, 2008 - 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. At Harriman State Park, Sebago Beach picnic area

Pirates of Harriman V cache page, click here

83fdbeed-444e-4881-9dee-4a6147fcb2da.jpg

The Kraken is a sea creature of monstrous proportions that is controlled by Davy Jones, supernatural ruler of the ocean realms. When given command by the heartless sailor, the gargantuan behemoth rises from the briny deep, and devours whatever it is told to devour, no exceptions. Armed with deadly tentacles and destructive power, the Kraken is used often by Jones to destroy ships that threaten, or simply annoy him. One of the Kraken's most powerful weapons is fear that can be used to keep a person at bay, eliminating the threat altogether... be ready ladies and gentlepirates!

Edited by avroair

I noticed that too! Boy, a members only event sure would have made for an angsty forum topic, eh?

It would have, briefly, but Avroair is a merciful Pirate Captain and I knew he'd just gone 'overboard' with the checkboxes on the submittal page. Meanwhile, I can't wait to see the new coin; last year's was a graphic-design tour-de-force.

"Directions From the North:

From the NY Thruway (route 87) take route 106 east going into the park, take the third right at Kanawauke circle going South on Seven Lakes Drive. On Seven Lakes look for the Sebago Beach exit."

Be aware that Route 106 is listed as CLOSED between Little Long Pond and Lake Kanawauke. If so, you won't make it to Kanawauke Circle.

(visit link)

"Route 106 Closed: Between Little Long Pond and Kanawauke Lake until end of summer due to bridge closing. Trailhead parking areas are accessible only from the west (Route 17/17A)"

Be good to check as the event gets closer

"Directions From the North:

From the NY Thruway (route 87) take route 106 east going into the park, take the third right at Kanawauke circle going South on Seven Lakes Drive. On Seven Lakes look for the Sebago Beach exit."

Be aware that Route 106 is listed as CLOSED between Little Long Pond and Lake Kanawauke. If so, you won't make it to Kanawauke Circle.

(visit link)

"Route 106 Closed: Between Little Long Pond and Kanawauke Lake until end of summer due to bridge closing. Trailhead parking areas are accessible only from the west (Route 17/17A)"

Be good to check as the event gets closer

Thanks for the info... will change it on the cache page.

I believe I still have the Harriman trail maps at home, I will look for them tonight and loan them to you at the event. I believe there are a couple of caches going in close to the event besides the Earthcache that sits nearby.

If you are into hiking more than caching, the Africa loop is a wonderful jaunt with varying terrains, peaks and lakes.