What Do You Like More? Hiding Caches or Finding Them?

Oh, This is a trick question right? LOL

It's a toss up. I enjoy the hunt. The quiet while Im out & the chance to play a little head game with the CO on figuring out where they hid it. I always look forward to possibly seeing something new. Maybe a place Ive never been to, a new & different container or just a slightly new & noval idea about the cache itself.

I enjoy hiding caches because it gives me the chance to do homework. How twisted did that sound? I love school & when I do my caches EVERY 1 has required me to do some type of research. Be it about the location or the purpose for that cache or the history of something connected to it.

So depending on what Im doing at the time is what I like best. MW

Edited by Mother Wolf

I'm a natural born hider. I was hiding caches BEFORE I discovered geocaching. I'm verrry proud of my hides and I'm a shameless self promoter. :laughing:

Finding I can take or leave and I generally plan my hunts by good word of mouth on a cache or by the fact that the cache I'm finding is somewhere I already plan/have to be or somewhere along my route.

My hide to find ratio is greater than 1:10. :)

Some of mine: (each pic is a different active listing)

81246ee8-c61c-49b7-876f-76088249a262.jpg

3918340a-d43b-406a-ad03-d679947d7241.jpg

ba5f9911-6ce7-4d8f-8b1d-7d4eca5f2c2c.jpg

66f1ba4b-c5b7-4a2a-8f3f-5c609c24aa04.jpg

bb2f74ab-ab84-46ea-94b6-a5c270ed301a.jpg

d744959e-76e1-4f5c-86da-738c4d0ace38.jpg

I LOVE hiding caches. I carry a box of caches with me at all times. Whenever I go caching and find one lonely cache along a road, I try to place a couple of additional caches to keep it company- makes the trip worthwhile for other cachers what with gas prices being so high. I also have researched ghost towns in my area and placed caches at them to bring folks to what I hope will be interesting spots. And those historic markers along the road that people whiz by call to me begging for a cache so travelers will stop. I can't resist a great view, an abandoned house along a country road, a tiny ancient cemetery in the middle of nowhere, a county road that loops around through scenic countryside, etc. Whenever I am on the road, I can't help but notice places that crave a cache.

And not just any cache, but sneaky, evil caches. I have a lot of "simple" cache containers; but oh, how the the creative juices flow when I spot something in a store that cries out to be a cache container. Or see things in the forum that just HAVE to be copied or adapted. Or find "stuff" along the road when out caching that would make perfect camo for a container.

I can't help myself. Hiding has become my addiction. I admit it.

I LOVE hiding caches.

<snip>

I can't help myself. Hiding has become my addiction. I admit it.

I'm with mommio, except I'm not creative. :)

I love hiding caches and like to do that by myself. I really don't like looking for caches anymore . . . unless I am caching with friends.

I found a trail the other day that doesn't have but one cache on it. Even though I already have a lot of caches out there :), I've made up about ten containers to put out at the next opportunity. :laughing:

I'm a hider. I like finding, but I like hiding more.

I like finding unique spots that most wouldn't think to place a cache in.

I'm really starting to get into the whole "EVIL" hide side of things.

I've got 2 truly EVIL hides, out now. And NO, its not a MICRO, but it is smaller then an Ammo box..LOL

Its just a sport we do now as a part time hobby...so its fun to do both.

I like finding caches (oops, I'm the first 'finder' in this topic). Would hide some, but I live in an ordinary city, surrounded by plains used for agriculture. There is nowhere to hike from here, and the few forests nearby are used by weekenders/barbecuers, usually are crowded enough and not very clean. The places where I would hide (and I found many great locations) are far from home, and a bit of a problem regarding maintenance.

... and I like Snoogans' hides!