What's in a name?

CapeDoc

I always liked Lemon Fresh Dog. I have no idea what it means but it has a very good ring to it.

This was exactly the one I was thinking of when I opened this thread, and I was both glad and disappointed to find that someone else also posted it before I did. Definitely my favorite handle that I've seen around here.

The only reference I can think of for it was that Pledge furniture polish used to advertise itself as being "Lemon Fresh"...if that's the reference he/she used as well, it's just totally silly - and that's what makes it great.

I always liked "MissPlaced". The fact that she was a reviewer in PA made it the perfect name.

Yes. When she was a Pa. reviewer, MissPlaced was a very clever name.

As for the Hershey Squirts, the local story I've heard is that they had no idea of the alternate meaning of their name when they chose it. I believe they had a couple young kids and they were from the Hershey, PA area so they called themselves the Hershey Squirts. Only after someone explained it to them were they clued into the other meaning of that name. At least that's what I've been told -- not directly by them though.

I'm not buying that story for a minute. :anitongue:

As for the Hershey Squirts, the local story I've heard is that they had no idea of the alternate meaning of their name when they chose it. I believe they had a couple young kids and they were from the Hershey, PA area so they called themselves the Hershey Squirts. Only after someone explained it to them were they clued into the other meaning of that name. At least that's what I've been told -- not directly by them though.

I'm not buying that story for a minute. :anitongue:

Well, I guess it could have referred to the two young kids...either way.... ;)

Edited by CrippledBlindSquirrel

My votes are for a couple of locals:

- Lemon Fresh Dog (aka Citrus Pooch, aka Frank)

- peanutbutterbreadandjam (advertised as the world's longest geocaching name)

Oh, and how could I leave off DanOCan? It rhymes with AmmoCan, and remember:

"If DanOCan can find this can then so can you."

Gelatinum en aborum pungare non potes.

:unsure:^_^;)

I wanted to add a snarky comment in Greek to fight with all the Latin, but there's no font I know of that would work :P some people would just get random symbols and letters and that's no fun.

Back on topic... "Hockabee" is one of my favorites. No idea why, just really like the sound of it. Dunno what it means either. She's really nice though :)

Oh! I just remembered a good one! Max & 99! Also all their hides (I think) go with the name. Very cool. I found this one Cone of Silence, but one I wanted to find but ran out of time was Max, your shoe is ringing . . .. Yeah, its a micro. But I wanted to see if the container matched the theme as well :unsure:

I was lucky enough to find one of their sig items, a wooden nickle (oddly, with a frog on it, still trying to figure that out...).