The "Help Naomi put gas in her car" coin sale...

mousekakat

Yeppers... I need a tank of gas, lol! I tell ya, things have gotten to the extreme here!

Sit down and I'll tell ya how much it costs to fill the tank of my car here... but ya better sit down first, I'm not responsible for any concussions or anything of the sort!

Gas here in Sweden has hit 14kr a liter... meaning I pay JUST under 9 bucks US a gallon for my gas, and my car holds 14 gallons!! Yeppers, that's right, folks, it costs me about 125 bucks US to fill my tank! Thankfully I get decent mileage at an average if 33 mpg or .07 liters per kilometer, but still... gas is killing me!!!

So here's the sale, it's not a lot, but I'll be putting more on as soon as I go through and make sure that they aren't coins that I've promised to others but haven't mailed out since I'm spending all my fricken money on gas!!!

Set of 3 Sailboat Suncatcher Coins with pin number 1

Set of 3 Sailboat Suncatcher Coins with pin number 2

AE Gold w/Green translucent Kids Community Coin, only 15 made

Thanks in advance!

Naomi :anitongue:

Thanks, ya'll!

It's just so hard to believe that I'm paying that for a tank of gas! When I left the states it cost roughly 20 bucks for a fill up and I thought that was expensive, lol!

Hypermiling, huh? I've read a little about it, I'll have to give it a shot! Anything helps :anitongue:

Naomi

I had 5 to start with, one is mine, one is going in a special mission, and one is going to someone here who hasn't yet publicly announced that their family is growing, but told me, so I'm giving it to her!

Thanks again for the bids!

Naomi :anitongue:

This is why i just bought this coin from you.......our daughter is due in 9 weeks so it should be something to send out for her.

Thanks

:anitongue: Whoo Hoo, all three of your items sold :laughing: ,

Yes, other places are more costly than here to fill our tanks. I really think the powers of our gas tanks are trying to get us up there with the rest of the world.

Usually, it is about $4.40 per gallon around $60.00 for a tank of gas :anicute:

I pay JUST under 9 bucks US a gallon for my gas, and my car holds 14 gallons!! Yeppers, that's right, folks, it costs me about 125 bucks US to fill my tank! Thankfully I get decent mileage at an average if 33 mpg or .07 liters per kilometer, but still... gas is killing me!!!Naomi :anitongue:

I think I'd be riding my motorcycle more often, or evengo out and buy a scooter for that matter. I couldn't image paying that much.

I pay JUST under 9 bucks US a gallon for my gas, and my car holds 14 gallons!! Yeppers, that's right, folks, it costs me about 125 bucks US to fill my tank! Thankfully I get decent mileage at an average if 33 mpg or .07 liters per kilometer, but still... gas is killing me!!!Naomi :anitongue:

I think I'd be riding my motorcycle more often, or evengo out and buy a scooter for that matter. I couldn't image paying that much.

Knowing the weather and the child situation with Naomi, a scooter or motorcycle probably isn't the best of solutions!

I ride mine whenever possible and gas is still killing me!

I'm afraid we are in the same situation ourselves. We have a 1990 Ford E150 Econline van. A REAL GAS GUZZLER!!! But, I need it with the wheelchair lift and hand controls. It's barely running for quite a while now. It is overheating, and has I think an exhaust manifold problem? I took it to pep boys today to get the $30 check on the overheating problem where they check it for a stuck thermostat or head gasket problem. We get there drop it off and they said it would be a couple hrs til they could get to it and then about another 1/2 hr to hr to get it done. So we said ok? We take off and walk across the street to the shopping center and get something to eat and then about two hrs later decide to go check on the progress? Well, I go in and ask and the guy goes in the back and comes back and says, "We probably won't get to it today because we had a problem with the guy in front of you and his problems took longer than we planned. I WAS TICKED OFF!!! He had mine and Chip's cell phone number and didn't even bother to call and tell us?!!! But needless to say I have to take it back tomorrow and hope they don't run into any more problems before they get to me! I'd take it somewhere else but they are the cheapest for this type of estimate. I've also been selling some coins within the last couple of months to help pay for the car repairs and I may still have to continue to do so once it's fixed to help pay for the gas. It has two tanks and costs over $100 to fill up. Good luck. I know it's really hard on those who have to work and get gas to go to work. It's like fighting a loosing battle :anitongue:

I'm afraid we are in the same situation ourselves. We have a 1990 Ford E150 Econline van. A REAL GAS GUZZLER!!! But, I need it with the wheelchair lift and hand controls. It's barely running for quite a while now. It is overheating, and has I think an exhaust manifold problem? I took it to pep boys today to get the $30 check on the overheating problem where they check it for a stuck thermostat or head gasket problem. We get there drop it off and they said it would be a couple hrs til they could get to it and then about another 1/2 hr to hr to get it done. So we said ok? We take off and walk across the street to the shopping center and get something to eat and then about two hrs later decide to go check on the progress? Well, I go in and ask and the guy goes in the back and comes back and says, "We probably won't get to it today because we had a problem with the guy in front of you and his problems took longer than we planned. I WAS TICKED OFF!!! He had mine and Chip's cell phone number and didn't even bother to call and tell us?!!! But needless to say I have to take it back tomorrow and hope they don't run into any more problems before they get to me! I'd take it somewhere else but they are the cheapest for this type of estimate. I've also been selling some coins within the last couple of months to help pay for the car repairs and I may still have to continue to do so once it's fixed to help pay for the gas. It has two tanks and costs over $100 to fill up. Good luck. I know it's really hard on those who have to work and get gas to go to work. It's like fighting a loosing battle :lol:

They charge you to do this test ?? :D:D:D .......we do it free :D ......good luck and if you need any advice just ask.

I could always loan you my car Naomi!!!... Its a 1977 VW Diesel Rabbit!!! That baby gets 47 MPG with the 4 speed transmission...I got a 5 speed Trans at my shop to throw in and then I should be in the mid 50's as far as MPG goes!!!

The kids point and Laugh at me, but Im laughin at the way to the bank! :D Cant blame the kids though...Id laugh at me too! :lol: "Fat Guy in a little car" (To the tune of the Chris Farley song) :D

Good Luck!!! Diesels right at 5.00 here...9.00 is NUTS!!!

Gas here in Sweden has hit 14kr a liter... meaning I pay JUST under 9 bucks US a gallon for my gas, and my car holds 14 gallons!! Yeppers, that's right, folks, it costs me about 125 bucks US to fill my tank! Thankfully I get decent mileage at an average if 33 mpg or .07 liters per kilometer, but still... gas is killing me!!!

It could be worse :lol: Gasprizes in the Netherlands are the highest of Europe: USD 9,30 for one US Gallon. Glad me car is riding on LPG (Liquefied petroleum gas) too. It costs me USD 3,65 for one US Gallon.

Ugh, diesel here is even higher, more than 10 bucks a gallon! You get better mileage, but pay about the same per mile, I'm thinking! Funny part is that diesel is a byproduct of gasoline manufacture, so it should be dirt cheap, but nooooooooo, lol!

I'm jealous of the LPG cars. There aren't many of them here at all in Sweden. Ethanol is getting more common and about 5.50 a gallon here, so the "flexifuel" cars are getting really popular!

Dave, Micke drives a little bitty sardine can, a Renault Twingo. He says he has to be secure in his manhood to drive it, lol! It gets over 40mpg, but, even though it's got a full backseat and a passenger seat, it's regulated for only 3 riders, total, it's THAT small, lol!

Renault_Twingo.jpg

That is what Micke's Sardine Can looks like

800px-Vauxhall_Zafira_in_profile_May_2008.JPG

and this is what my Soccer Mom Mobile looks like! It's a 7 seater, but we need it when we've got the kids' friends or the in-laws with us or anyone else who needs to ride with us!

Edited by mousekakat