Church of England - secret geocachers?

Crid

According to Wikipedia that's been their logo since 1996, so it predates geocaching, let alone the logo.

I was at a church today (geocaching) and happened to notice the logo on an item on the noticeboard. Thought it looked very familiar. (Turns out it's actually the other way around).

According to Wikipedia that's been their logo since 1996, so it predates geocaching, let alone the logo.

I was at a church today (geocaching) and happened to notice the logo on an item on the noticeboard. Thought it looked very familiar. (Turns out it's actually the other way around).

Well then, if Leatherman wasn't influenced by CE's logo, then it IS a coo-inky-dink. :)

Funny though, many folks mention that it looks churchy. Especially folks that see the symbol on the back of my personal sig coins that aren't geocachers. Interesting.....

78e05ab7-bd43-4c40-9ee5-9490e39b30f6.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Well, it looks a bit like a cross at first glance, but the two lines are the same length, so it isn't. I've never thought about it too hard, but I suppose it's an x, as in X marks the spot?

It's been a while since I talked to leatherman (years!), I just checked and see that he's been busy with his family lately. But he's still semi-active on the site.

I just thought it meant "x" marks the spot....with an overriding "G" for geocaching.

That's right.... As far as I can see.... It gives one the feeling of circling around to find a cache. I didn't even notice the "G" at first when I sat it a Buxley's Waypoint. I took me a week or so to get that....

Still, the biggest comment I get from non-geocachers that see the symbol on my coins (oh, and my tie tack) is: "Looks churchy." Funny what folks percieve. I never got that feeling until I heard several others make the connection.

Gx-tie-tack-gold-70.gif

... Funny though, many folks mention that it looks churchy. Especially folks that see the symbol on the back of my personal sig coins that aren't geocachers. Interesting.....

78e05ab7-bd43-4c40-9ee5-9490e39b30f6.jpg

... Still, the biggest comment I get from non-geocachers that see the symbol on my coins (oh, and my tie tack) is: "Looks churchy." Funny what folks percieve. I never got that feeling until I heard several others make the connection.

Gx-tie-tack-gold-70.gif

Does anyone else think that Snoogans is going to wait twelve hours and then post a pic of his Gx tattoo?

:D

Edited by sbell111

Well, it looks a bit like a cross at first glance, but the two lines are the same length, so it isn't. I've never thought about it too hard, but I suppose it's an x, as in X marks the spot?

It's been a while since I talked to leatherman (years!), I just checked and see that he's been busy with his family lately. But he's still semi-active on the site.

ambrosia, in some denominations the cross HAS equal arms.

I suppose someone that thinks he knows the BEST way the game should be played, and wants all of us to follow him instead, would be the Anticache Anticacher?

Fixed ;)

I guess it's fixed, if you want to change the point entirely.

(heavy sigh) It's such a downer to have to explain something you thought was funny, but I'll help you.

See, I was using the religion theme to equate the Antichrist to an "Anticache". There's no such thing as an Antichrister, so putting Anticacher in there isn't "fixed".

I suppose someone that thinks he knows the BEST way the game should be played, and wants all of us to follow him instead, would be the Anticache Anticacher?

Fixed :D

I guess it's fixed, if you want to change the point entirely.

(heavy sigh) It's such a downer to have to explain something you thought was funny, but I'll help you.

See, I was using the religion theme to equate the Antichrist to an "Anticache". There's no such thing as an Antichrister, so putting Anticacher in there isn't "fixed".

Well I must admit that I was trying to go for the same thing but I thought my fix made more sense. I guess that is why there are different flavors. My apologies for my clearly lame attempt at humor. The Antichrist refers to an assumed animate being while the Anticache, in my opinion does not. It would be the Anticacher. (heavy sigh) It's such a downer to have to explain something you thought was funny. ;)

I suppose someone that thinks he knows the BEST way the game should be played, and wants all of us to follow him instead, would be the Anticache?

No that would be a Puritan. And we all know that the Church of England persecuted the Puritans. (Makes you think).

Now that is kind of funny!

I suppose someone that thinks he knows the BEST way the game should be played, and wants all of us to follow him instead, would be the Anticache?

No that would be a Puritan. And we all know that the Church of England persecuted the Puritans. (Makes you think).

Now that is kind of funny!

Me thinketh Goodey WRASTRO speaketh WITCHERY!!! :D:lol:

a1258.jpg