Holiday Weekend Cointest

Dorsetgal & GeoDog

Big congratulations to the winners, and thanks again to Dorsetgal for the cointest. Here are a couple more for good measure.

I took these yesterday morning, just as the cointest was ending. I've been wanting to get some pictures of a javelina for a while, and while I've seen them while out caching a couple of times, I hadn't been able to get a picture.

I was climbing Granite Mountain NE of Scottsdale AZ, and as I reached the shoulder immediately south of the summit, I heard a rustle, looked over and saw a few javelinas duck behind a tree. I dropped my pack, got out the camera, and started approaching the tree where I had seen them. They were hiding from me, standing quiet without moving, until I got just close enough, and then not just the three but about a dozen of them all at once decided I had gotten too close, and cleared out in the opposite direction. This one stuck around long enough for a couple of photos.

e18452a8-1f92-4311-b6b9-2887bfaef072.jpg

347ed1c8-e056-4b7a-8ac8-8f8d85f08374.jpg

Big congratulations to the winners, and thanks again to Dorsetgal for the cointest. Here are a couple more for good measure.

I took these yesterday morning, just as the cointest was ending. I've been wanting to get some pictures of a javelina for a while, and while I've seen them while out caching a couple of times, I hadn't been able to get a picture.

I was climbing Granite Mountain NE of Scottsdale AZ, and as I reached the shoulder immediately south of the summit, I heard a rustle, looked over and saw a few javelinas duck behind a tree. I dropped my pack, got out the camera, and started approaching the tree where I had seen them. They were hiding from me, standing quiet without moving, until I got just close enough, and then not just the three but about a dozen of them all at once decided I had gotten too close, and cleared out in the opposite direction. This one stuck around long enough for a couple of photos.

These are wonderful to see.......love the eye contact in the first pic!! :anibad:

Wow! Thanks for posting that pic. I've never seen anything like that? I would have mistaken it for a wild boar if I had seen one? I thought I had heard about every animal in the U.S. but that is a new one to me! You learn something new about every day?